Another Immortals Handbook thread

What do you wish from the Immortals Handbook?

• I want to see rules for playing Immortals

Votes: 63 73.3%
  • I want to see more Epic Monsters

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • I want to see Artifacts and epic Magic Items

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I want to see truly Epic Spells and Immortal Magic

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • I want Immortal Adventures and Campaigns Ideas

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • I want to see a Pantheon (or two) detailed

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I want to see something else (post below)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I don't like Epic/Immortal gaming

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Poll closed .
Hey all! :)

Okay, its about time I started a new thread, this one should have a poll at the top asking what you want to see next from the Immortals Handbook.

As some of you know, the Immortals Handbook: Epic Bestiary Volume I has been unofficially released. By unofficially I mean that at this point you would be buying the text only version of the 91 page ebook, with the illustrated version following free (for those who buy now) in a week or so.

To get a copy, simply Paypal £3.50 to

agooddesigner@hotmail.com

and I'll send it to you as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Yyyep, I'm seeing some editing issues here, but it's still worth it. Primarily, a lot of abilities seem to be missing durations, but that's easy to fix. It seems to happen in a lot of products, actually...

Last edited:

Baronovan

First Post
While there are some editting mistakes here and there the text is overall quite good. I think I am most impressed by the simplcity and ease of the Dire template(s), the new weapon and armor enchantments tucked here and there (Echoing is the best, IMO) and that damned Neutronium Golem... sweet Jesus. Have you made a PC of sufficient level and compared the stats? I just wonder...

You have a good thing going with the Adventure Ideas being so prominent. A very nice touch, if you ask me. Some of them are top notch.

All in all, I'm glad it's here. Keep it coming, and thanks!

Hey guys! :)

Glad you like it. As regards editing, the work was edited, however, from that time, I have since done a lot more to it, so its possible if there are a handful of mistakes in the more recent parts of the text. If you find anything that needs attention; either a mechanical error or a grammatical one, be sure and email me and I'll fix it before the official release. Its a very tricky book to edit without printing it all out, as you guys will have seen the text density is on a par with the core rulebooks.

There are a handful of problem monsters in the book that I'm still not happy with (should Kabiri be incorporeal), or need tweaked in some way (Sandalphons spell list) and there are a few abilities that were cut at the last minute that I should replace (and finish) for the official release (Cherubims Beam of Balance).

The Dire Template is very quick and clean, I like that one myself. One thing no one has mentioned yet is the new Golem format with the six different constructs for each material, I thought that was pretty neat. :eek:

Initially there were a half dozen more epic spells and epic items/artifacts than what ended up in the book, such as the Elohim having a Helm of Epic Brilliance, a Ring of Unelemental Command detailed in its entry and the Thrice Holy epic spell listed in the Seraphims entry. I'm glad you liked what was there, although I am planning to expand most of the artifact descriptions as I feel many of them are far too terse for such powerful items.

I have a big list (I'll include it in the IH at some juncture) that shows the typical stats (AC, SR, Ability Scores, Attack Bonuses, Damage, # of hits to defeat an equal opponent etc.) for the average character for every 10 levels up to 200th. Beyond that point I didn't do any testing, so the Neutronium Golem is one of the few unknown quantities that trusts to the CR/EL system.

Glad you liked the Adventure Ideas, its amazing to think there are over 100 in the document! There are probably a few that are a bit silly, but on the whole I am happy with them. By the way, certain characters (such as the bounty hunter Ioun Eyes or Threemorrow; the technowizard from the future) and artifacts (like the Wheel of Fortune or the Robe of No Eyes) from the Adventure Ideas will be detailed at some point in the IH, rest assured. ;)

Once you guys get time to digest the contents I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the matter, what monsters you like and why, as well as what monsters you dislike and why. Did you like the CR spread in the book, that sort of thing. Thats should help me when detailing future products.

By the way I should add that the poll in this thread will probably dictate the order the various parts of the Immortals Handbook are released.

Fieari

Explorer
I've just started reading, but I've got to say, the size stuff is awesome so far. To me, this is worth the price of admission alone. You're going to save me so much work for the creatures I've been -trying- to stat up, but without much satisfaction. Virtual size catagories are great too... I've been becomming more and more distrurbed as my players reach higher and higher levels about how the bonuses are eclipsing the dice rolling. This is fantastic!

Kerrick

First Post
UK, you're evil... that post gave all kinds of teasers of interesting things in the book, and now I'm going to have to buy it.

And since no one else has said what they voted for on the poll, let me be the first:

EPIC SPELLS

Oh, and magic items and artifacts too.

Remove ads