OSR Any Actual Plays with PoC for OSR Games?

I'm guessing it's one of the spate of videos that deliberately misinterprets Brink's comments about the leadership positions at WotC. Messaging intended to convince people there is widespread anti-White bias in 5e.

Did you watch it? How'd I do?
Yup. The title is definitely click-bait but it's a tool to showcase/promote his own indie stuff and other OSR type creators and their material.
He says very early on he is a PoC.

aco175

Legend
Kind of like listening to politicians speak- if you are looking to be offended, you can find it. I do not think he was trying but it sounded bad.

I just posted what the guy asked.

The video is about militants invading the hobby but that's off topic. he didn't ask for a theme, he just wanted the person not to be white.

The guy is not white and he play osr

PS. I not white but i dont play osr

Last edited:

Imaro

Legend
I just posted what the guy asked.

The video is about militants invading the hobby but that's off topic. he didn't ask for a theme, he just wanted the person not to be white.

The guy is not white and he play osr

Thanks for clarifying but you could have just linked to his channel vs. posting a specific video full of mis-information with no commentary on how it related to the thread topic...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mod Note:

Okay, folks, can we move on to what they OP really asked for, instead of that one video? Thanks.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mod Note:

The title is a bit clickbaity, and I have to say some of his assertions are presented as if they were evidence of the views & experiences of a majority of gamers. He also uses some problematic catchphrases.

And part of that is his ulterior motive of “WotC bad; buy my stuff instead.”

I just say that as a POC who gamed old school before there was a revival, his views & experiences are not as universal as presented; not as cut & dried.

I‘ll suggest that, going forward, anyone posting a vid with a clickbaity title should probably give a brief synopsis as to WHY other discussion participants watch it. Because titles like that don’t lend themselves to generating constructive discussion. The title is his fault; posting it here with or without context is your responsibility.

Remove ads