Any chance of Adventure #1 by 5/25?

dgothe

First Post
count me in as one of the "checking too often"-guys.. for a while I was worried that my constant refresh on the site caused the long downtime :)

TrickyUK

Explorer
One of the reasons why I haven't subscribed is because I read a few "horror" stories about the 3.5 edition not being released on schedule.

The good reviews of the previous edition got me interested in running the campaign and now, like others, I am waiting for the release of adventure #1.

My group are hoping to start on June 1st, and I am currently trying to convert previous edition to 4th but I'm not confident that I am doing a good a job. If the first adventure isn't released, then I'll see how we go.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What, tomorrow? No chance, I'm afraid. I'd love to have it now, but it's just not done yet.

The manuscript is done - it's in layout, which takes a few days, depending on how much time Eric has. I've also asked for a two last-minute full colour art pieces which I'd like to include in the adventure. If they arrive in time, they'll be in there; if they don't then they won't. I suspect you'll get one of them, but I won't delay the adventure for the sake of the art items as I know you all want it ASAP.

brightgoat

First Post
Alas, but so it goes. I went ahead and splurged on the 3.5 version so that I could at least know what the story for Adventure 1 is. I worked up a quick pre-adventure to whet their whistles.

My ideas for the pre-adventure follow. I'd appreciate any comments or additional ideas.

Spoilers follow:
I instructed all the players to make their characters determined to join the resistance. Each character was given a note to meet their new "cell" at a particular place and time. They were to meet the leader of their new cell, but when they get there, they are ambushed and their new leader is killed in front of their eyes. I'm using "Tallman" as the leader for this purpose. He has a note with the address and time of their meeting with Torrent.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Spoilers follow:
He has a note with the address and time of their meeting with Torrent.
I think that if you develop the pre-adventure in one particular section of Gate's Pass, you can really develop the PC's tie to the city. Later adventures return to the city, and it helps to have a connection back to the place and story line.

You could probably even use sites from future adventures as your meeting places and/or combat scenes.

I also think that you would need to expand your concept into more than just one encounter. Design a skill challenge or two around meeting with the resistance, then aroudn retrieving the note/escaping the bad guys.
Possibly use an old storage lot for the props used during the upcoming festival of dreams for the meeting. I can imagine the group running around the physcial ghosts of festival's past....

... and you might want to start a new thread to continue this :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For those who desperately need the adventure, if you forward me your receipt I'll be happy to email you a copy of the .RTF manuscript in advance if it will be of any help to you.

dgothe

First Post
I'm in no hurry, as I'm planning on running the entire campaign starting this fall. I'm just looking forward to start reading the material :).

I'm also very much interested in any pre-adventures that people might set up, to "insert" the players into their roles as resistance fighters.

TrickyUK

Explorer
For those who desperately need the adventure, if you forward me your receipt I'll be happy to email you a copy of the .RTF manuscript in advance if it will be of any help to you.

I don't have a receipt as I don't intend to subscribe (not sure how stable my group is and I don't want to pay out for something that I may not use). However, I would happily pre-order Adventure #1 if I could but can't see that option.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've sent the RTF to those who emailed me. A few people PMd me but didn't tell me their email address, so obviously I couldn't send those, but if you let me know your address I'll get it sent.

Remove ads