Any D&D 3.5 games out there?

Green Knight

First Post
Aside from Temple of Elemental Evil, that is, which I have and like. So are there any other D&D games out there with the 3.5 rules?

As an aside, anyone got a Saitek controller? I ask because I'm wondering exactly what it is I have to do to program one of the joysticks to function as a mouse, along with a host of other functions. Thanks.

Zulithe

Explorer
Well there is Dragonshard... the demo of which just came out. But I have no idea how much (or little) it utilizes the actual D&D rules. But since it is Eberron, it is clearly post-3.5e

There is also D&D Online, coming sometime down the road...

I recommend Neverwinter Nights. It is technically 3.0 but the rule changes between 3.0 and 3.5 are not that major, besides NWN has a lot of custom rules and mechanics of its own that set it apart just a "vanilla" 3.0 game.

Frostmarrow

First Post
The stuff you can do with Neverwinter Nights is beyond belief. I restarted that game last night after a two year hiatus. Big Bonner - Greatsword-wielder extraordinaire. I'm having a blast. "Take that weak goblin!"

KenM

Banned
Banned
Frostmarrow said:
The stuff you can do with Neverwinter Nights is beyond belief. I restarted that game last night after a two year hiatus. Big Bonner - Greatsword-wielder extraordinaire. I'm having a blast. "Take that weak goblin!"

NWN is a great game, but the rules are 3.0, not 3.5. I think Icewind Dale 2 uses the 3.5 ruleset but not sure.

KenM

Banned
Banned
silvermane said:
How could it use 3.5 rules if it was published before NWN?

I thought IWD 2 came out in 2003, about same time the 3.5 books come out. I know the orginal Icewind Dale used second edtion DnD and came out in 2000 I think.

The Merciful

First Post
Zulithe said:
Well there is Dragonshard... the demo of which just came out. But I have no idea how much (or little) it utilizes the actual D&D rules. But since it is Eberron, it is clearly post-3.5e
Well, I can't say I could detect any D&D rules in the demo. I suppose it was an okayish RTS, but I have never been into the genre.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Icewind Dale 2 uses 3.0 rules shoehorned into a game engine designed for the 2e AD&D ruleset. It was still a cool game, though.

Neverwinter Nights 2 is currently in development (at least I think it is, the game was officially announced over a year ago and we still haven't seen so much as a screenshot) and the developers, Obsidian Entertainment, have announced that the game will use the 3.5 rules.

The Merciful

First Post
Baldur's Gate 3

Oh, about a year ago in a D&D special PCGamer told that Baldur's Gate 3 is in production. No information what so ever was given. Not even the developer's name. I haven't heard anything since. :confused:

Remove ads