• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any D&D Tiles: Harrowing Halls pics?

Holy Bovine

First Post
I got 2 sets yesterday (I couldn't bring myself to buy the 3rd and last set in the store - I always hate taking last of anything when I'm buying multiples) and have been assembling them today. One thing not mentioned above is that fact that you can reverse the sides of the 3D tiles and have wooden structures! This really increases their value to me and I am glad the furnishings were limited to just 3 tables (only 2 of which you can build with the pieces provided) as these are of minimal interest to me. Overall I would rank this set in the top 3 along with Halls of the Giant Kings and Dire Tombs.

S'mon

Legend
I am glad the furnishings were limited to just 3 tables (only 2 of which you can build with the pieces provided) as these are of minimal interest to me. Overall I would rank this set in the top 3 along with Halls of the Giant Kings and Dire Tombs.

I agree, but only having 2/3 of the pieces to build the last table is *really* annoying! :p At least having the 2 sets I can build 5/6 tables, though!

I like how they look but I fear I will run into a major storage problem. My 2d tiles already take up more space than I would like.
We have the space, but whenever I build an encounter with tiles, I take forever. Not only am I perfectionist, the organization is clearly lacking. I proposed to fix that a few months ago, but have I done anything? No, of course not.

Primal

First Post
We have the space, but whenever I build an encounter with tiles, I take forever. Not only am I perfectionist, the organization is clearly lacking. I proposed to fix that a few months ago, but have I done anything? No, of course not.

You too? I have a solution which works pretty well (at least for me): try designing and building encounter maps beforehand, and take pictures of them. Disassemble the maps and separate the tiles you'll need in their own box (or however you store them). Then transfer the photos to your computer, and print them out to use as encounter maps -- it's far quicker to assemble each maps as you see which tiles go where. If it's still taking more time than you'd like, you can always tell the players to take a short break (eating, smoking, or whatever) while you're putting the map together. :)

Blastin

First Post
I got 2 sets yesterday (I couldn't bring myself to buy the 3rd and last set in the store - I always hate taking last of anything when I'm buying multiples) and have been assembling them today. One thing not mentioned above is that fact that you can reverse the sides of the 3D tiles and have wooden structures! This really increases their value to me and I am glad the furnishings were limited to just 3 tables (only 2 of which you can build with the pieces provided) as these are of minimal interest to me. Overall I would rank this set in the top 3 along with Halls of the Giant Kings and Dire Tombs.

Heh...that's too funny. When I was putting these together on the kitchen Island I got distracted mid-way through and had to come back to it. I got all the pieces together and then spent 15 minutes looking for the "lost" last table stand piece. Seems rather silly to not include that last piece...

Dice4Hire

First Post
The 3D pieces are not bad at all, but a bit fragile.

However, the rest of the set has amazing artwork and very nice detail, easily one of the most detailed sets I have seen. Plus add in he thin walls, and this set has a lot of usefulness. I get so sick of the 5 foot wide walls of most other sets. Easily one of the best sets I have seen, and I have bought all but one set and multiples of more than a few.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads