D&D 5E Any good 3PP Dryads for 5e?

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Soooo much Barkskin as a racial ability in a lot of these. One of the versions I have that's the carrot at 5/6th level - Barkskin once per day. Blargh. I think it would be easier to brew one up that has more interesting features. Tree Stride is a way cooler ability. Pass Without Trace in Forests would also be on-point. Simple divination using tree spirits would also be neat - like, you ask the bog oak in the claering - have orcs passed this way recently? and you get a yes or no answer.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Years ago I swiped these pages from the internet for a half-dryad (because being tied to their tree, Dryads can't adventure much) I have never gotten anyone to play it, but it always looked solid

Half Druid 1.jpg

Half Druid 2.jpg

Can't really credit these, I don't even remember where I got them from

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yeah I don’t like bark skin as a free spell because it’s just a bad spell, but otherwise a lot of these look good.

I think I’d go with the AC calculation, but I honestly prefer it as a thing you activate, so I gotta think on that.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Yeah I don’t like bark skin as a free spell because it’s just a bad spell, but otherwise a lot of these look good.

I think I’d go with the AC calculation, but I honestly prefer it as a thing you activate, so I gotta think on that.

Honestly?

I think it is just time to homebrew Barkskin into being a decent spell. I saw this had barkskin as a free spell after I posted it and I realized that it sucked. I'm going to start googling homebrew solutions to it soon. Because, why not just fix the problem for all three or four areas instead of just for the Dryad

Chaosmancer

Legend
So, in terms of Barkskin, I've found a solution I think I might like.

Remove Concentration from it.

Your AC from wearing armor cannot be lower than 16, shields still add +2 to your AC.

It essentially makes it like Mage Armor only with a big boost to AC and a shorter time limit, and would give the Druid an equivalent to an 18 AC. Which they could get anyways if they have a decent dex score, so it isn't too powerful by a long shot

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
So, in terms of Barkskin, I've found a solution I think I might like.

Remove Concentration from it.

Your AC from wearing armor cannot be lower than 16, shields still add +2 to your AC.

It essentially makes it like Mage Armor only with a big boost to AC and a shorter time limit, and would give the Druid an equivalent to an 18 AC. Which they could get anyways if they have a decent dex score, so it isn't too powerful by a long shot
Could work.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases