D&D 5E Any of these Feat changes look too good?

Immoralkickass

Adventurer
A lot of our experiences mirror yours.

Do you think the "charging" ability gives a nice enough bump to keep it viable at higher levels? The defensive aspects for the mount are great, but as mounted combat is lack-luster in 5E we feel this helps.
Your buff would be nice for my character, but not so great for a Cavalier Fighter. I could possibly one shot a strong monster if my crit smite damage get doubled. (Also, my party has a Grave Cleric, so can it get quadrupled?) But it won't solve any of the issues i mentioned above.
Its funny because i would suggest adding advantage on saves against being knocked off the mount (because when the mount get targeted by enemies you cant force it to attack you), but that would be redundant for Cavaliers.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
so, other than confusing me in relation to your dislike of increasing the ability scores of PCs, these all seem fine.
LOL, oh you know me too well! :p

No, I am not a proponent of ASI bumps, but a lot of these feats find no or little love in our games or seem a bit unbalanced (too good or not good enough). Also, alas, I am not the only person in our group and many of the others feel there are not enough half-feats; or more that some of these really are on the power-level of half-feats but without an ASI to go along with them.

So, we went through all the feats and added some ASIs to the ones we felt might warrant them and I told them I would post them for feedback here.

In short, this wasn't all my idea. ;)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The change to inspiring leader is the only one that strikes me as excessive. That feats no help, and certainly not a buff to charisma!

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
None that I found. I could have missed some since I don't have all the books, but there are none I know.
Contact other plane requires the caster make a DC 15 Intelligence saving throw to use the spell (and avoid 6d6 psychic damage and temporary insanity).

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Contact other plane requires the caster make a DC 15 Intelligence saving throw to use the spell (and avoid 6d6 psychic damage and temporary insanity).
True, but an Intelligence saving throw has nothing whatsoever to do with the spellcasting ability score.

Any character of any class casting that spell would have to make the same save.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
The change to inspiring leader is the only one that strikes me as excessive. That feats no help, and certainly not a buff to charisma!
A few others have commented on that as well and I have noted it.

I think we will do one of two things:

1. Keep it RAW and remove the CHA +1
2. Keep the CHA +1, but allow the temp HP only after a long rest, not a short rest.

I think the second option is better over all, but we'll see what the group thinks. Do you think the second option would still be excessive?

Immoralkickass

Adventurer
Also, IMO the best fix to Durable is to combine it with Tough and call it a day.

Durable is one of those feats so bad nobody even bother to look at it. And i can guarantee that combining it won't change people's opinion on Tough.

Stalker0

Legend
Also, IMO the best fix to Durable is to combine it with Tough and call it a day.

Durable is one of those feats so bad nobody even bother to look at it. And i can guarantee that combining it won't change people's opinion on Tough.

Yep, tough is a good feat, but honestly if you added durable in it, it would change so little I doubt anyone's rating of toughness would suddenly go up.

Stalker0

Legend
I think we will do one of two things:

1. Keep it RAW and remove the CHA +1
2. Keep the CHA +1, but allow the temp HP only after a long rest, not a short rest.

I think the second option is better over all, but we'll see what the group thinks. Do you think the second option would still be excessive?

I think number 2 would be change for change sake. Again, the feat is solid....if your particular party doesn't want it at the moment, no problem....but at some point a character will come that will love this feat as written. It really needs no adjustment.

Remove ads