Any other good Play-By-Post sites?

Luinnar

First Post
Since early this year I've been enjoying living 4th edition on this site. However I would like to branch out into other game systems. I was wondering if anyone could recommend or has any experience with other sites that offer Play-By-Post on message boards? I would like to try Pathfinder and Mutants and Masterminds, and maybe World of Darkness (though I still need to read that rule book). I know this site does have a place for other game rule systems, but I would like to have other options just in case I can't find the kind of game I am looking for.

I noticed that Paizo and Green Ronin both have a play-by-post on their sites, has anyone had any experience with them?

What I am really looking for is a "Living World", like the forums here. Where I can keep a persistent character throughout my adventures and level them up and keep my items; rather then just generate a character that the adventure requires and only keep him for that specific adventure.

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
However I would like to branch out into other game systems. I was wondering if anyone could recommend or has any experience with other sites that offer Play-By-Post on message boards?

Take a look at Myth Weavers. A wide variety of game systems run there. While I am not sure you will find a Living series of games, there are many games running campaigns as opposed to just one-shots.

Wicht

Hero
The Paizo boards allow you to create alternate personas and stores them permanently, allowing you to basically have a character sheet on the boards for each game you are in. It works pretty well. They also now have a built in dice roller on their boards.

renau1g

First Post
I believe that enworld has the only fully living world type setting Luinnar. I've tried Myth-Weavers, DNDoninegames.com, Paizo's site, and at least a half-dozen others, but I haven't found another one with that sort of set-up. There was a living superheros world here IIRC, but there wasn't enough interest and it dried up.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I just went there and got "Error 505: Internal Server Error" three times -- clicking on the D&D link, the Star Wars link, and the General Discussion Board link. (Time: 0815 PDT)
With host problems such as that, I'd keep looking if I were the OP.

Edit: At that time, I also tried the "Contact Webmaster" mail address; I received an e-mail message with Subject: "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" and containing the following:
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<helpme@roleplayinggames.net>:
host roleplayinggames.net [69.89.31.197]: 550 No Such User Here"

Apparently that site is really down now.

Last edited:

SethDrebitko

First Post
Tooting my own horn. I have a play by post section of my forum for any microlite games. I would also be interested in exploring the idea of a living world style of play if people are interested in helping to organize it.

Remove ads