• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any other products out there using the Epic D&D rules?

afreed

First Post
There's always the Inner Circle's epic-level monster collection Legends of Avadnu. It's a full-color PDF in the same format as ENnie nominee Denizens of Avadnu. It's available at the Inner Circle website, RPGNow, and DriveThruRPG.

There's also a preview here.

(I worked on the product, so yes, I'm somewhat biased.)

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Dungeon 123 has an adventure for 30th level characters in it... along with tips on how to adjust the adventure for lower or higher level characters. We just got in the first copies here at the office, and it's a pretty crazy adventure. Takes up almost a third of the issue!

Henry

Autoexreginated
Speaking of Green Ronin, their Black Company Campaign setting presumes unlimited advancement - In fact, a few of the NPC's from the Glen Cook books have been pegged at 35th level and up, with the most powerful evil sorcerer in the land being 75th level. The William Wallace quote about "Lightning Bolts from his Eyes and Fireballs from his arse" come to mind when looking at this guy. :)

Ghostwind

First Post
One of the biggest problems with epic rules is the breakdown of the magic system, not so much with character advancement. You can't just throw out the previous standard system, but I think we've come up with a way to allow for some flexibility at epic levels with the project I'm working on. Time will tell once we get some playtesting done on it.

Crothian

First Post
I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with Steve, care to give a little hint as to what it is besides covering Epic stuff? Will it tie into the book of gods Bastion has coming out?

Ghostwind

First Post
I can't say much about it other than it is an independent project. It will expand upon some things in Bastion's Gods book, but I can't delve into it more than that right now.

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
I haven't had a chance to play epic level yet (after 2 1/2 frickin' years the campaign I'm running is around 14-16th level), but I plan on converting 'Return to the Tomb of Horrors' for it. The only thing I didn't care for in the Epic rules is the spell casting. Someone on these boards posted really great house rules for epic spells, but in one of my numerous reimages, I seem to have lost them. I don't suppose someone remembers this and would care to post them again?

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ghostwind said:
I can't say much about it other than it is an independent project. It will expand upon some things in Bastion's Gods book, but I can't delve into it more than that right now.

I feel so teased... :(

Like Crothian I've seen some good stuff here, and some good stuff their, but no book(s) full of epic goodness.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads