ZEITGEIST Any plan for Epic Destinies on Zeitgeist?

Just a quick question,

Do you plan to release epic destinies designed for the Zeitgeist Themes like you did with the paragon paths?

My group have just entered level 22 (they have finished the kings murder atempt on adventure 9, and the king has died...) and most of them want to continue using something related to their character theme even if it's not as powerful as other standar choices....

Yeah, I used up all my interesting ideas for the themes in the paragon paths. I figure there are a lot of existing epic destinies, and it's unlikely a gaming group has played epic level that much, so they'd still be novel.

Dezhem

First Post
From the Pathfinder side of things, what are things looking like at level 20 and beyond? I would caution adoption of the Mythic rule set, if you've considered it. After having played the Adventure Path linked to it, it becomes clearly that it hadn't really been thought through and would need a lot of modifying to function reasonably.

Falkus

Explorer
From the Pathfinder side of things, what are things looking like at level 20 and beyond? I would caution adoption of the Mythic rule set, if you've considered it. After having played the Adventure Path linked to it, it becomes clearly that it hadn't really been thought through and would need a lot of modifying to function reasonably.

Isn't the AP going to top out at level 20 in Pathfinder?

Yeah, the Pathfinder version of ZEITGEIST caps out at 20th. The spread is something like:

Adventures ---- 4e ---- PF
1-5 ------------- 1-12 --- 1-7
6-9 ------------ 13-22 -- 8-15
10-13 ---------- 23-30 -- 16-20

It kinda feels like levels 16-20 are 'epic' for PF anyway, since Paizo's main PF adventure paths never go that high. Here am I trying to figure out how to challenge ludicrously powerful PCs with few examples of how to make it work. Luckily I have [MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION] to thank for some insights into crazy-level adventures.

Last edited:

Dezhem

First Post
Oh, okay. It's just that in the PF version of Godmind, it says that they end up level 19 at the end of Godmind. That's 3 books at level 20, basically? Wasn't sure how that will pan out for the last 3 books, since they haven't really released 'Epic' rules as we know them. I referred to the Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path, which does go up to 20, but tacked on their 'epic-esque' Mythic ruleset.

Adventure 11 is at 19th level.

Adventure 12 and 13 are at 20th level.

Seriously, the PCs are powerful enough. You don't need to give them more stuff. I mean, they have a country. And an airship. The ability to get a once-per-day bonus on a single thing via Mythic Ranks is kinda lame compared to that, right?

Dezhem

First Post
Thanks for clarifying that. I'm inclined to agree that awesome things like that are better than that sideways mechanic (and my players agree most wholeheartedly!). Just wasn't sure if that was on the agenda for you guys.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases