Any word on the other ___ power 2 books?

Luinnar

First Post
I know Psionic Power is coming in a couple months; but has there been any word on Arcane Power 2, Divine Power 2, Primal Power 2 (3,4 etc. ;))?

Jhaelen

First Post
I know Psionic Power is coming in a couple months; but has there been any word on Arcane Power 2, Divine Power 2, Primal Power 2 (3,4 etc. ;))?
Actually, I hope we won't see any of them for a long, long time. I already skipped Martial Power 2. One (print) supplement for each power source should be sufficient.

drothgery

First Post
Actually, I hope we won't see any of them for a long, long time. I already skipped Martial Power 2. One (print) supplement for each power source should be sufficient.

Eh. There's already one arcane class not covered by Arcane Power (the artificer) and one divine class not covered by Divine Power (the Runepriest). Add on goodies for PH3, Dark Sun, and Eberron races. And, well, they're closing thing to general-interest books that wouldn't be reprints and haven't already been done yet. So I expect we'll see them next year sometime.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I think the biggest reason why we only got a Martial Power 2 book when we did was because Backgrounds hadn't been designed at the time the first one was released. So barring just an article in Dragon, making MP2 was the best way to create and distribute Martial Backgrounds to people.

In addition, the Martial classes were also the ones that seemed to generate the most talk about "missing" or "wanted" builds, which I'm sure prodded the designers to design them (the same way the desire for a dual-wield fighter build was the hue and cry prior to the first MP). A ranged warlord build, a rogue build built around stealth, a thrown-weapon ranger build... these were just a few of the desired builds that have been talked about for a while.

I actually have heard much less talk or complaint about "missing" divine, arcane and primal builds... which gives you a pretty good idea that the designers were more in the zone and had more experience designing for 4E when they got to the first sets of those books. Most complaints with those power sources are geared toward the class mechanics that they wish would just get "fixed" or "erratad" (like the V-stat, the Divine Challenge/Sanction kerfluffle, the implement system etc.) The builds themselves seem to be pretty satisfactory all things considered.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Not planned. But they are doing player crunchy stuff first through the essentials lines, and then through some mysterious post essentials products (one of which we know about).

Player's Essentials: Heroes of the Fallen Lands October 19, 2010

Player Essentials: Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms November 16, 2010

Player's Option: Heroes of Shadow March 2011

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
I'm not all that excited about Arcane and Divine Power 2, but I firmly believe that Primal and definitely Psionic need more love. Especially the poor Monk. That class has the worst feat selection evar.

I was considering writing a Monk feat article for Dragon, but Psionic Power will be out long before my article even made it out of the slush pile.

the Jester

Legend
It's interesting given the popularity of the Spell Compendium in 3e... that's a LOT like what Arcane Power 2 or Divine Power 2 would be, yet it totally feels different.

Remove ads