• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anybody else just really unlucky?

diaglo

Adventurer
howandwhy99 said:
Don't listen to him. He makes up for this by killing characters. What RBDM would routinely throw a Hill Giant and Squads of Orcs against 1st level characters? He doesn't need to roll well. It's simply better if we are not in a position for him to roll.

don't forget the Ent...

The Axe

First Post
Heh

I once had a 4th level 1st edition cavalier go 10 rounds (10 minutes in those days (!)) with a chump skeleton. (The DM had a rule that edged weapons did half damage to skeletons, but 10 rounds is still pretty ridiculous).

He couldn't make a save vs. Hold Person either---he finally got a Ring of Free Action long about 8th or 9th level, but by then the enemy spellcasters were using bigger boom-boom anyway.

In second ed. I hs a dwarf plate mail fighter lvl1 who only rolls three times the three times was 1
1 hunting for dinner
1 to cross a bridge over a river.
1 to drown in the river
after that the dice falls over the window
in my party all dices what rolls two or three 1 natural in a session goes to the trash

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads