Anybody played the latest Lair Assault yet?

RedFox

First Post
There's a requirement? I'm not sure what that is. I kept getting hit by an attack, and it gave me the dominated condition, save ends. And I'd often get stuck in his aura, which made me roll twice for saving throws and take the worst result.

I'm not sure how much of it was bad luck and how much of it was the scenario. Dice were not kind.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Technically
you only control where OTHER people end up. If you can see them enter. So someone's going to end up being left behind, if they're good at that skill and tip to the idea of sending everyone into the cyst.

Our group ran out of time at 20 rounds, and I spent most of my time sitting around doing nothing because the priest had me perma-dominated. Teaches me for having a 19 Will Defense, but it still wasn't very fun. Dominate: Touch the pillar. Dominate: Touch the pillar again. Dominate: Listen to the whispers and gain a madness effect. Dominate: Do it again. etc.

I ended up with five out of the eight madness effects and got about 3 of the 20 rounds to actually do anything. The Lair Assault lasted nearly 5 hours, too. Found it pretty tedious and exhausting.

Next time I'm bringing a monk with some good ways of avoiding domination.

Riki the centered breath escaped thrall raccoon dog hengeyokai monk.

Sorry to hear you got dominated so often - next time, remember the 'safe' word. ;)

But, I assume by the skill, you mean Arcana? I had a grappling based fighter with a low will save and untrained in Arcana, but I got stuck in the middle of the ogre guys (where my Body Shield power came in pretty handy...). I think we had a couple of guys flanking the cleric, so he didn't get a chance to dominate my guy or anything.

Remove ads