• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone Doing NaNoWriMo This Year?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Any other ENworlders participating in NaNoWriMo this year? I would imagine most GMs have a novel or two in them.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
It's always less daunting in reality than it seems like it well be, especially if you're able to either write every day or devote significant chunks of time to it. I made it through 1700 words tonight in just under an hour and a half, which is a fairly slow pace for me when I've got my internal editor shut off, and that's all you need to do if you write each day. On nights where I can devote an entire evening to it I can bust out 5000-6000 words.

The key is in shutting off the internal editor and treating it like a zero draft; where the main focus is just getting the story on the page. Then, afterwards comes the real challenge: committing yourself to the editing and revising the story until it's good. That's the part I've struggled with in the past.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads