Anyone else find this really irritating?

Scary

Explorer
DDB also adds a ton of value to the product for free. Moreso than iTunes does, by a wide margin. iTunes is fine, but it’s much less useful than Spotify, IMO.

Literally the only difference is the amount of work involved in adding your already purchased content to the service. Ripping a CD is easy, inputting the book data is...well also extremely easy, but more time consuming.

Well, that, and the fact that DDB is incredibly useful, and comes with a character builder, and makes all your game data into a single integrated service that cross references, with things like hyperlinks and tool tips, so you’re also getting an enormous increase in utility over the alternatives.
Sorry, What is DDB (D&D Beyond?)

G

Guest 6801328

I'm sorry, I don't remember you ever saying their were any times that using illegally distributed content was not ethical. Feel free to clarify if you wish.

I've said, directly and indirectly, a number of times that if you're either taking sales away from the content owner or generating money for the infringer then it's wrong. The fact that you haven't noticed is truly a sign that you and I should stop discussing this.

Over and out.

Last edited by a moderator:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Just for clarification purposes, if I acquire DDB, I can input Xanathar's spells manually but I cannot share it with my players? How do they control the latter? Keywords?

You can’t share anything with your players unless you have a subscription. If you do have that functionality unlocked, it includes homebrew, even where “homebrew” is official material manually entered.

The service scan entries you make, and if they are too similar to official material, it is blocked from being made public homebrew, not from being shared with your own campaign.

Remove ads