Anyone have any word on Warlords of the Accordlands?

I've been looking forward to it. Subscribed to the e-mail list and everything, and I've seen no news since they put up the no more previews bit.

I think it must still be alive or AEG would have taken more of it down, but I'm astonished at the complete lack of news.

They must be very very far from a release to not be bothered to hype it at all.

Has anyone heard anything?

DM_Jeff

Explorer
And so it gets asked again!

I was one of the writers involved in this project. It was written with 3.0 rules and was wrapping up when 3.5 came out. AEG decided to revamp it for the 3.5 rules, and that caused a delay. The theory was end of 2004 it would be out.

In January I wrote AEG and was told "we can release it now, and it would have issues, or you could wait a few months and it would be perfect."

Well, it's been a few months and there's still no word. Not sure exactly what the current situation is. Lots of websites have it for preorder, with everything from March 2005, June 2005, 2nd Quarter 2005 and the like.

-DM Jeff

I presume they aren't cancelling it or they would have gone ahead and pulled the site and support apparati, but the lack of word of any sort if frustrating.

Mostly because it's the sort of product for which I would happilly save and budget funds.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Smells like Vapor Ware. Then again, RPGs are held back for a variety of reasons. Iron Kingdoms for d20, Weapons of the Gods for other systems.

THe hype is certainly deader than a doornail though.

Apparently the Origins advertisements are saying its going to be released then, so sometime in late June-early July.

Good enough. Should be a great game to run with the group I'll be running with then.

Remove ads