• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone interested in a CoC PBEM?

WinnipegDragon

First Post
I just picked up this rulebook, and although my regular group has agreed to try it, any experience outside of good old Hack 'n Slash D&D always goes nowhere. They are not always the most adventurous group when it comes to game systems.

Simply put...

I... MUST... PLAY... THIS... GAME!!

Frankly, I think the detail and rising suspense of this genre would almost be easier and better in a PBEM form. So, anyone else interested?

WinnipegDragon

First Post
Time era? To me the Victorian is the classic setting. Frankly, I think horror is infinitely more interesting when there is less scientific knowledge to counteract it.

I must say that I'm not sure I'd be the one to run it. I'm a CoC noob, so I was hoping that someone else could volunteer to run it. Even with a small crew of investigators, it could play very well.

Steel Ronin

First Post
Any era sounds good to me, but I have never played CoC either (and I am still learning d20).

I would play if you wanted to give it a try (with you running the game, that is).

WinnipegDragon

First Post
I haven't the time to run another game currently. I run one PBEM game currently, play in another, and run a face to face game weekly. Playing in one more game is about my limit for time to allot, and running it is pretty much right out.

Anyone else want to take a crack at it?

Steel Ronin

First Post
Humm. . .

[Negotiations continue]

I might be able to run a one-shot in a modern setting.

It would be a survival horror game using d20 CoC rules (and of course have the CoC flavor).

If it goes well, it could open up into a full blown CoC campaign.

If you don't mind the game being run by a CoC AND d20 newbie - then - I'll give it a go.

WinnipegDragon

First Post
I guess it would be too much to hope for an experience CoC Keeper of Arcane Lore to just magically materialize and run the game for us?

What if I read this blood-soaked scroll I found on my desk at work this morning?

Hastur...
Hastur...
Hastur...

Oops...

Steel Ronin

First Post
OK. That's one who might not mind a d20/CoC newbie running things.

My game could take two more players.

Once again: Survival Horror game. Modern setting. CoC rules.

Probably posting a minimum of twice a week to a maximum of three posts a day (depending on everyone's time).

Any other takers?

Remove ads