• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Anyone know of an adventure where real world kids become sucked into a fantasy D&D-type world?

Maul

Explorer
I was wondering if Anyone know of an adventure where real world kids become sucked into a fantasy D&D-type world?

I realize that this was the premise for the D&D cartoon series but I still was wondering if anyone wrote an adventure for this.

If not, then they should! Hahaha....... I'm lookin at you 3rd party publishing companies.

G

Guest 6801328

This actually happened to me in 1983. Lost my best friend at the time to a gelatinous cube.

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
Not really, but it fits the them of the 0-level AD&D module (Treasure Hunt). And how'd I get through adolescence without reading the Guardians of the Flame? Might add to reading list.

G

Guest 6801328

There was a short story in Dragon Magazine...1983ish...about a group of adults playing D&D, and one of them pulls out a ring that belonged to a great aunt or something. I'm forgetting the details, but somehow they conclude the ring might be a ring of wishes with one wish left. So they spend time carefully crafting the wording of a wish. You don't hear what it is, but the scene changes and they have all become their characters.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (he/him)
I'm not sure where, but I've heard that part of the premise of the original Blackmoor campaign was that the PCs were regular people from the modern day real world that had somehow been transported there.

darjr

I crit!
The cartoon boxed set has a 3.5 adventure in it. It doesn’t include the parts where the characters are transported to the world of Dungeons and Dragons.

Remove ads