D&D 3E/3.5 Anyone lose their enthusiasm with 3E or purchasing 3E products?

mara

First Post
I've lost interest in paying full-retail for 3.5 products. The stuff that looks interesting will be on sale eventually to clear out for 4e. 4e news runs from awesome to what the heck?, so I'm waiting to see what gets printed before judging that.

(By the way, does anyone know where to find copies of Pathfinder in Berlin? I've been wanting to run a play by post for my group back home and the excerpts I've seen look great, but Paizo doesn't have the best reputation for international mailing and I don't want to get a subscription then have to worry about changing my address later.)

My D&D purchasing has dropped to almost nil over the last couple years. Not so much because I think the quality is poor or there's a new edition on the way - I just don't NEED anything.

Wormwood

Adventurer
The only things I buy for 3e any more are tiles and (occasionally) miniatures.

My last purchase was the Drizzt/Icingdeath set . . and that was an x-mas gift.

It would be safe to say that I'm pretty much over 3.5---even though I'm playing in two games a week.

Last edited:

Wolfspider

Explorer
Wormwood said:

My last purchase was the Drizzt/Icingdeath set . . and that was an x-mas gift.

It would be safe to say that I'm pretty much over 3.5---even though I'm playing in two games a week.

That's too bad. Elder Evils is really an awesome book. Lots of good ideas there.

Leugren

First Post
I had purchased every single 3e product ever published by WOTC right up until the point that they announced 4e. Since then, I haven't purchased a single 3e product. Why build up a library that is just going to be collecting dust in a few months anyway?

The reverse auctually.....

There are only about 5 books of 3.5 I am trying to get. With the announcement of 4.0 I now have a deadline before these will no longer be carried. Local stores are already cutting back their orders dispite the holi-daze.

Wormwood said:

For the most part these are edition proof with the exception of distinctive redesigns (I'm looking at YOU Mr. Green Dragon) :)

Remove ads