• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone play yet?

AZRogue

First Post
Sorry, work was a pain today and I haven't had time to read all that's been going on (traffic was such that I couldn't even load enworld at lunch, heh). I notice a ... couple more threads.

What I was really wondering is did anyone play today? Did anyone post their actual play experience yet? I've noticed the scanned docs, and the blogs, but no one has yet, that I've seen, posted their actual experience in a game. Is there a thread I'm missing or is everyone just tired?

Suck it up! You have jobs to do! :)

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Well they are probably going to press in April, so they could "possibly" have a month to tweak. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are looking over what people write to see what they can tweak.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I'm think some of his complaints may be magnified by the pre-gen characters; they're probably not made to show off versatility. His main complaint is going to be fixed by future supplements...

AZRogue

First Post
Thanks, Shroomy! Much appreciated. That was what I was looking for. Scanned sheets and all are awesome, don't get me wrong, but I understand things better when related to a person's actual game experience.

Hopefully, as time allows, a few others will post their actual gaming moments--how they felt, what they did, what they noticed, etc.

I can't say I'm happy with the Grab mechanic mentioned. It has potential but my dream is to play an Aikido-style attacker that uses joint locks and throws in combat, instead of a fist and foot traditional monk. Not a big concern as I'm crossing my fingers that someone reads this and adds that as a "path" for the Monk when released. :)

Fallen Seraph

First Post
While reading your post AZrogue I came to the same conclusion just as you wrote it, as a monk path.

Perhaps too, it could be part of the core, and be something while not a class power, but more ability. So it would state when grabbing a target a monk can perform... (Lists of various things).

Shroomy

Adventurer
I kind of wonder if there is more to the grab mechanic that we didn't see since he failed the attack roll. For example, we don't know what immobilized really means in term of game mechanics; also, if you grabbed someone, what exactly can you do? Inflict damage, drag someone, etc., etc.

Shroomy

Adventurer
AZRogue said:
Thanks, Shroomy! Much appreciated. That was what I was looking for. Scanned sheets and all are awesome, don't get me wrong, but I understand things better when related to a person's actual game experience.

Hopefully, as time allows, a few others will post their actual gaming moments--how they felt, what they did, what they noticed, etc.

Mike Shea posted about his experiences actually playing. You can find it on his blog or up in the stickied post.

AZRogue

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
While reading your post AZrogue I came to the same conclusion just as you wrote it, as a monk path.

Perhaps too, it could be part of the core, and be something while not a class power, but more ability. So it would state when grabbing a target a monk can perform... (Lists of various things).

Yeah, I think it can easily be done with the system as it has been revealed so far. And a Monk path makes the most sense, from what we know. Grab can potentially be the starting point for ... many interesting things. ;)

Remove ads