Kickstarter Anyone supporting the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter

Stefan Pokorny

First Post
Hello Guys,
Thanks for considering us:)
I have just finished shooting a very comprehensive video o how to paint these bad boys...it should be up on the Kickstarter site by Monday, it's being edited and cut together right now...it covers EVERYTHING a novice would need to be able to paint Game Tile pieces in either a simple 1 coat drybrush (25-35 seconds a piece-all sides) or a 3-4 step painting process to make your pieces awesome....it shows how ANYONE can paint these pieces as it is not hard but simply requires time and the proper brushes and paints...my estimate is about 1 hour per set if you are a complete novice...that is a very fair estimate...so 5 sets can be painted in expert fashion in one afternoon! With a few friends, 20 sets can be done in a day and night, I have done so myself for the prototypes:)

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
I've always wanted to own some Dwarven Forge stuff but it was too expensive. But I'm supporting this KS to the tune of $120.

This along with the $250 Reaper Bones KS and I'll have a nice little tabletop setup.

I'd like to see some pics of basic gray next to painted. To help decisions! For me international shipping is stopping me pledging TM, not DF's fault but I still have to pay

ced1106

Explorer
Biowizard just posted what you can make from two sets plus the current stretch goals.
Current stretch goals amount to "Buy two, get one free", or $40 per set.

http://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum?func=view&catid=3&id=50491

Painting terrain is ridiculously easy. Foam brush and craft paint should do it. OTOH, the prepainted versions look darn good, and you're not going to find a painting service that's lower than what DF is offering!

Attachments

• IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    452.9 KB · Views: 197

Roland55

First Post
Oh, the temptation!!

The horrible, horrible temptation.

And I COULD afford it ... them ... quite a number, actually.

The ... temptation!!!!! :devil:

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
I finally broke down and pledged the $120 option. It's basically three sets for the price of two! How could I say no?

The main reason these tiles seem so useful is the 2" footprint. Most maps are drawn in 10' squares, but the battlemat uses 5' squares. So instead of doing the math in my head and making a bunch of mistakes, I can just use 1 terrain tile as 1 map square.

Remove ads