• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anything But Normal, Sailing the Endless Falls

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hey there guys! I've decided to restart this game, as this one had tremendous potential, and it died way before I could get it very far off the ground. I'd like to invite all my former players back, and then see if we need anyone else to fill in the gaps. So Shayuri, Erekose13, D20Dazza, Kelleris, Rystil Arden, and Voidrazor, are you guys still interested?

Shayuri

First Post
Eee!

I'm interested. Wow...I wonder if I still have the sheet for this though. This was like...the first iteration of Trebuchet.

How cool!

Shayuri

First Post
Mew...found the RG, and there he is. Happy day!

I wonder if you've got any of the books that came out since then, Isida? Complete Mage, PHB II...

I had an idea I wanted to float at you about giving Treb the option, perhaps limited to one every other level like a sorceror, to remove spells from the Warmage list and replace with warmage-esque spells from other books. I realize Eclectic Learning already gives an option to add spells to the list. I just noticed warmages have spells that are kind of wrong for his flavor...like Phantasmal Killer...and that other sources have spells that would fit right in. And while I'd never use Eclectic Learning to add a "combat spell," since warmages have MORE than enough of those, there are combat spells I'd like to try from newer books.

Anyway, just a thought.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Shayuri said:
Mew...found the RG, and there he is. Happy day!

I wonder if you've got any of the books that came out since then, Isida? Complete Mage, PHB II...

I had an idea I wanted to float at you about giving Treb the option, perhaps limited to one every other level like a sorceror, to remove spells from the Warmage list and replace with warmage-esque spells from other books. I realize Eclectic Learning already gives an option to add spells to the list. I just noticed warmages have spells that are kind of wrong for his flavor...like Phantasmal Killer...and that other sources have spells that would fit right in. And while I'd never use Eclectic Learning to add a "combat spell," since warmages have MORE than enough of those, there are combat spells I'd like to try from newer books.

Anyway, just a thought.
Since Nissa is a Beguiler, I must conclude that we had PHII as an option from the start ;)

Kelleris

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Hey there guys! I've decided to restart this game, as this one had tremendous potential, and it died way before I could get it very far off the ground. I'd like to invite all my former players back, and then see if we need anyone else to fill in the gaps. So Shayuri, Erekose13, D20Dazza, Kelleris, Rystil Arden, and Voidrazor, are you guys still interested?

Oh ho! This is great to hear - my spam filter betrayed me and declined to notify me of this development until Shayuri's question about changing up his character. It was like something out of a time warp, I tells ya.

But yeah, I'd love to start this back up again, though intensive study will be required first. I can barely remember much of what was going on, except that Rystil had gotten his fey beguiler into hot water and Shayuri and I were dealing with the weirdest oracle ever. Hmm... But who can forget the Hound of Ill Omen! Well, everyone but me, probably, but still.

Will we just be picking up where we left off, or would it better to start a new IC thread and just summarize what has gone before? The latter option might help us make sure we're twigging onto the important details when we start this back up again, and it would be more user-friendly for any newcomers.

Hmm... *scuttles off to the RG and IC threads to review*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, since we left the IC thread in the middle of some interesting stuff, I think we can just pick up where we left off. We really haven't gotten into heavy combat yet, so I'm not bothered if people want to retool their characters with all the new books that have come out.

I have every WotC book barring any new FR stuff and the Tome of Nine Swords. So, Complete Mage, Champion, Scoundrel, Tome of Magic, Dragon Magic, Magic Item Compendium, Dungeonscape, etc, I have. I did finally acquire The Complete Book of Eldritch Might. I have all three Creature Collections and the Advance Bestiary.

People may pull stuff from the newer books if they like, just run it by me first.

Shayuri, I'm all for pulling spells from other sources. What did you have in mind?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads