Anything But Normal, Sailing the Endless Falls...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
There's a moment of silence, and an expression of "You've got to be kidding me," on the captain's face before Trebuchet's spell takes effect. Then there's a whumph as the smoking bowl behind the wheel erupts into a pillar of smoke, covering half the boat in a choaking cloud. Yelling erupts behind the curtain of smoke as some people stumble within the cloud. Lupaz manages to resist the effects of the thick air, though seeing is going to be a problem for a while.

The other half of the ship, the half without the captain, seems torn between fighting and surrendering. Captain Merri lets out a trill from his elaborate, ghostly headpiece, and several of the visible crew of the Shrew cover their ears in pain.

"Pay attention to the lass," he adds, and flicks his eyes upward at Vakuriel.

"Save the cargo!" the captain's voice rises out of the smoke, and several people begin to run toward the cargo hatches...

OOC: And now we're into initiative. What's everyone up to this round? Verbal placating? Material destruction? More cursing? Bloody pulp smashing?

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Having nothing better to do, Nissa addresses the frightened and confused section of the crew on the other ship, hoping that their desperation will make them more suggestible to her diplomatic suggestions.*

"Surrender now, put up no resistance, and you will not be harmed. I repeat--surrender now and be safe!"

Kelleris

Explorer
Surprised by the sudden cloudiness, but determined to take advantage of the chaos, Lupaz concentrates for a moment, causing the crystal dangling from his collar to glow with a sudden dark purple light. A feline shape appears from nowhere in the obscuring smoke, and lopes off to try its luck at hunting. For his part, Lupaz tries to regain his bearings, heading off in the direction of the captain if he can still smell her in the pyrotechnics spell.

OOC: Use the shard of the dark paths to summon (84) a tiger. I'll send it off to pounce on an opponent, do some damage, and then spring off to another one. I'll try to keep it from actually killing anyone. I'll then head off in the direction the captain was and try to stay hidden once I can get close enough to see or smell her. My dark companion will head over to her and whoever's with her once I can locate her.

Erekose13

Explorer
Vaukriel dives into combat intending to rend those who would ally with the Time Elementals. His spiked stick prooving adept at the rending part.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Tiger and dark angel dive amongst the smoke-laden crew of the Pungent Shrew, leaving chaos in their wake. The few that aren't blinded by smoke unleash a volley of spears and arrows, many of which don't hit their mark, but the sheer volume of which strikes some of the crew of the Khora Aisa, and at least one spear finding its mark in Vakuriel, burning along his side.

Diving down upon the misbegotten plant-spawn, Dawnbringer lashes out, scoring heavy sap-leaking wounds across the sailor's neck and chest. The tiger pounces upon another, cracking open bark-like bones to rend the sappy pulp beneath.

Screams echo within and without of the smoke, almost drowning out Nissa's words. Almost.

"Name of all the gods, stop it, stop it!" the captain screams from within her smokey shroud. Unbeknownst to her, Lupaz lurks nearby, attempting to further curse her and give the fugitives an advantage. "I'll scuttle the ship before giving up the goods. You don't know what it's like to fail a time elemental!" she shrieks.

From the hold below there's a very ominous crack!

[sblock=OOC]Vakuriel takes 8 points of damage, but hits for 15, tiger hits three times for 27 points of damage, six members of the Khora Aisa get hit with arrows and spears.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases