Anything But Normal, Sailing the Endless Falls...

Shayuri

First Post
Trebuchet pauses as he does a self-inventory.

"Most of my less than fatal systems are based on toxins," he reports. "Weakening their bodies would make them more susceptible to them. Be advised they also tend to create lasting clouds, which could prove harmful to our own more organic crewmen."

He considers. "When we are within seven hundred and twenty feet, I will have nonlethal distracting options available to me."

The warforged peers at the other ship, trying to see if there's a source of flame on or near the deck.

(Basically, nonlethal means I'm down to Pyrotechnics, Sleet Storm, and Stinking Cloud. The first two have long range though. If there's fire on the other ship, like torches or a brazier, I can use Pyrotechnics to good effect. Otherwise it'll have to be Sleet Storm, which might interfere with Kelleris' movement on the ship...but will definitely interfere with the crew. :))

Erekose13

Explorer
"I can approach from the skies, though we've obviously been spotted so I doubt they'd miss my black wings taking off. I have little in the way of non-lethal or long ranged abilities." says Vaukriel.

(ooc: sorry, been super busy lately.)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The Khora Aisa draws closer to the Pungent Shrew, the green-painted sides of the ship now revealing themselves to be not just paint but actual bundles of grass thatched into a ship. The small green figures of the crew are everywhere, most of them being barely three-foot-high vegepygmies, savage, swift, and merciless. One of them, a woman by the flowers in her hair, wears the traditional tricorn hat of a captain, the flowers poking through the brim. In addition to the vegepygmies, a few much taller, tree-like humanoids also stalk the decks, now slowly arming themselves with spears. They're all fairly wary though, as the Khora Aisa is very large, and very strange, and very imposing.

When you get within yelling distance, one of the taller ones, wearing a blue headscarf and at least a dozen golden earrings in his left ear, stretches himself to his full height, looking like a young oak.

"Ho the ship! Shove yourselves off afore you tangle up, the Shrew has port to make!" he calls. He doesn't sound insulting; at the moment he seems to simply be trying to be a good sailor. Captain Meri's expression doesn't change a hair as he looks over at you all.

Kelleris

Explorer
Lupaz looks over to Nissa. Well, you wanted to talk to them.

OOC: Can I get close enough (60 feet) to curse the captain? Failing that, is there a place on the other ship's deck that's within range that I could dimension door over to, preferably into a hiding spot?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Lupaz - The Khora Aisa and the Pungent Shrew are about eighty feet apart, a bit too far to curse, but certainly within dimension door distance. Looking at the deck carefully, you note a bound stack of barrels against the wall of the captain's quarters that should provide sufficient cover to hide you, provided no one's snuck back there to loaf.

Shayuri

First Post
Trebuchet surveys the target vessel's deck and reaches a disheartening conclusion.

"Tactical analysis suggests the target crew appears at least partially vegetative," he reports in a quiet voice. "Probability of toxicity being effective is minimal. The reduces my offensive, nonlethal options significantly."

(any open flames on the other ship? Torches or firepits?)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Trebuchet - As it is currently daylight, there would normally not be much in the way of artificial lighting, and indeed you see not even the usual hooks and whatnot for lanterns or torches. However, both near the ship's wheel and atop the mast there are large open bowls that are smoking. Why this might be so, you're not sure.

Shayuri

First Post
After having made his announcement, Trebuchet adds, "...but not entirely. I am ready to engage."

(he'll use Pyrotechnics on one of the smoking pits, for the Smoke effect, which blocks sight within 20' and penalizes Str and Dex 4 points with a Fort save DC 16 to negate the effect. Doesn't say it's poison or anything, so I'm hoping it'll work on plants. :))

Erekose13

Explorer
Vaukriel will hover above the Khora Aisa, ready to engage when the event rises. He leaves the diplomacy and talking to Nissa. Given their intentions though he is ready to draw the Beacon of Dawn and charge from the air.

Remove ads