Anything But Normal, Sailing the Endless Falls...

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC:
Lupaz said:
Well, you wanted to talk to them.
Actually, uncharacteristically, she didn't really want to talk to them--as she mentioned last, she thinks that in this case, they are in grave danger if they help us. I'm not sure Nissa was kept up to speed on this plan--is she expected to talk them down? Assuming not, she'll announce their purpose forthrightly--)

"Attention Pungent Shrew--your cargo is to be used by the Time Elementals to rob the Weirds of their will and allow them to hold the Kingdom of Knowledge and its people in their merciless thrall. We cannot let this happen, and if you will not comply, we will need to take the reagents by force. If you resist, we will be forced to incapacitate you, but we will try our best not to hurt anyone more than necessary or to let anyone die."

Kelleris

Explorer
OOC: Wow, that was the nicest ultimatum ever. :D Anyway, I just assumed that you wanted to try intimidating them into turning over their cargo before we attacked, but, heh.

Lupaz slips out of sight momentarily and shifts himself into a hiding spot on the Pungent Shrew, hoping that no one has decided the place would be a convenient spot to rest during these startling developments. (29 Stealth.) He's taking his shadow with him, and will try to get a line of sight to the apparent captain - and anyone else who looks important - in order to curse them, preferably before the battle begins.

OOC: Throw a general-effect curse on the captain and anyone else who looks especially competent in a fight, hopefully before rolling initiative. DC 20 Will save or -5 on attacks, damage, saves, ability checks, and skill checks. I'll use two of my three curses if I can see appropriate targets, and I'll use the third attempt to hit the captain twice if the first save is made. And then ready an action to move my shadow up to the captain and cast nightmare lullaby.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Lupaz moves himself to the ship without a hint of fanfare, just the way he likes it. Luckily no one has decided to hide back there, and you have the place to yourself. As Nissa talks, you gather your power and attempt to curse the captain, but you can feel her resist your bad luck.

At the end of Nissa's ultimatim, the captain and first mate look at each other in astonishment for a long moment.

"What madness is this? You surely can't be serious!," the captain says. She sounds like she'd like to be scornful, but the size of the Khora Aisa, as well as the presence of Trebuchet and Vakuriel have made her cautious. "The Time Elementals are not ones to be crossed, and you'd find yourselves in a bad, bad way if you think you have the gall to cross those that work for them."

As the captain speaks, Lupaz focuses his curse on the tall first mate, and sees him sway slightly as the curse takes hold.

"Captain... captain, something's wrong..." he murmurs, too quietly to be heard from the Khora Aisa.

The captain's eyes narrow as she looks over her first mate, and Lupaz attempts to curse her too... only to feel it slide off of her again.

"You think to try something underhanded, little missy?" the captain growls, her tone going angry.

OOC: Lupaz, captain got a 20 and a 24 on her saves, but the first mate only got a 10.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yeah, even when resolved and making ultimatums, Nissa's usually pretty nice. See her if we meet a Time Elemental, though ;))

"What madness is this? You surely can't be serious!," the captain says. She sounds like she'd like to be scornful, but the size of the Khora Aisa, as well as the presence of Trebuchet and Vakuriel have made her cautious. "The Time Elementals are not ones to be crossed, and you'd find yourselves in a bad, bad way if you think you have the gall to cross those that work for them."

"If that's how you feel, I agree--it would be dangerous for you to cross the Time Elementals. Normally, I would have asked you nicely for the reagents, but if you listened and worked with us, you would have disobeyed them and would be in great danger. We're taking them by force for your own safety," Nissa affirms, "Please do not resist too violently--my friend here," she motions at Trebuchet, "Is very destructive, particularly when it comes to fire. I don't want to see your beautiful living ship alight from the crossfire, and I don't think you do either."

*Nissa suspects that plants will just enjoy being filled with water as they photosynthesise, rather than breathing, and they tend to be immune to her mind-affecting abilities too, strangely even the intelligent ones like these. Unfortunately, that means that there's literally nothing she can do once the fight breaks out but watch.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"You're taking them by force for our own safety?" the captain says incredulously. She goggles at Nissa for a moment, and then begins to laugh. Then gufaw. Then howl. "Oh, oh dearie me, you really aren't a very good pirate, are you girl? 'Our own safety,' ha! Well, if you're so hot to make us safe, then my all means, engage your... force..." she snickers. If the captain weren't a plant, she'd probably be unable to breathe right now, she's laughing so hard.

At the captain's humorous command, the crew all grip their spears in readiness, to launch or stab according to the individual.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I am not a pirate. Hurting people is not in my nature...but...I fight only for the freedom of the people of the Kingdom of Knowledge. Nothing more," Nissa says simply.

"Well, if you're so hot to make us safe, then my all means, engage your... force..."

"As you wish...Trebuchet?"

Shayuri

First Post
The warforged takes a moment to judge distance. Too close, he decides, for a flare effect. It would blind them as well as the ship's crew. Pity.

A port on his shoulder slips open, revealing a recessed nozzle. There's a hollow 'PHUD' noise, and something whizzes out of the nozzle, arcing high towards one of the smoldering pots on the target vessel...ideally the one closest to the largest concentration of crew.

(Assuming what's in the pot constitutes 'fire,' this is Pyrotechnics, for the smoke effect. A 20' radius cloud of opaque smoke that has fort DC 16 to avoid -4 to Str and Dex that will last 1d4+1 turns even after they're not in the cloud anymore. Cloud lasts 8 rounds or until dispersed. Hopefully Kellaris isn't in range, but Treb doesn't know where he is exactly. :) I figure this is probably a surprise round, but here's init: 8 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1619617/)

Last edited:

Remove ads