• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anything But Normal, Sailing the Endless Falls...

Shayuri

First Post
"As you wish of course," Trebuchet agreed, with nothing whatsoever to suggest he was anything other than happy with the rebuke.

"After all, the sahaugin will not be going anywhere. Perhaps the time elementals will not rend us into tiny pieces before we have a chance to engage in most glorious combat."

"Or," it adds slyly, "Perhaps we can surprise our pursuers, and destroy them. This would at least give us respite to decide our next move. If we survive."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"They killed Taala without breaking stride. They would make short work of us," Nissa sighs as she admits sadly, "The time elementals are powerful, brutally efficient, and eerily intelligent, perhaps even prescient. Facing them now would be submitting to the inevitable...Yes, we must defeat them, but first we must build up strength and allies until we have the upper hand and the tactical advantage. Perhaps manipulating things and fighting on a battleground they don't expect would be to our favour as well."

D20Dazza

Explorer
"Yep! Bluegorge it should be" Tempest says with a sloppy smile "n I have debts that be about due me there so I kin knock two riddips ta geva n ave one big stu" he says grinning from ear to ear.

Kelleris

Explorer
It seems we are decided, then. Bluegorge, then Proteus, hoping to intercept the Stormdancer along the way. It won't be enough, but it's a good start.

And then, with a wolfish grin -

Captain Merri, I think you should show us what kind of time you can make with this rig, don't you?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelleris said:
It seems we are decided, then. Bluegorge, then Proteus, hoping to intercept the Stormdancer along the way. It won't be enough, but it's a good start.

And then, with a wolfish grin -

Captain Merri, I think you should show us what kind of time you can make with this rig, don't you?
"That it is lad!" Captain Merri roars. "Mr. Zay, full sail!" The wiry salt genasi first mate salutes sharply and begins to bark orders to the rest of the crew. Airy lines are raised and lowered, and the fiery sails fill in the winds that surround the ship. Captain Merri begins to turn the ship towards Bluegorge as the Khora Aisa cuts through the waves.

You break through some dustbreakers, crash through an extensive blue flow of ice and rimefire (sending some of you belowdecks to warm frozen fingers and toes), but much of what you sail is various currents of water. One sports an extensive kelp bed, where a small flock of rainbow-feathered birds with utterly enormous beaks stalk, apparently looking for small fish. "Cackle birds, ahlinnis. Smarter than some people I know, and make you laugh yourself to death if you threaten them. It sounds funny, unless you're the target," Anna points out, if asked. Anna is one of the water genasi sailors, and a priest of the Whale Mother.

Another time you spot a few fin-armed aventi (aquatic humans of a sort) on a floating sandbar, digging turtle eggs out of the beach. You spot small rocky islands, a colorful coral reef, an a very distant ship or two, beaches of white sand or mud, and sadly once a body of an aquatic elf, frozen to death near a flow of ice and rimefire. There's a sandstorm one day that delays you and gives nearly everyone on board, barring the salt genasi, dry eyes and painfully cracked skin. Even the figurehead looks rather withered for a day or two.

The crew is a reasonably friendly bunch, competent at what they do, and seemingly pleased to have you along. They know their ship is valuable and having such famous (or infamous) personages aboard to help protect it is welcome indeed. There's a dozen crew on board; Anna Kale, the priestess of course, and Zay the first mate. The large and incongruitously named Minnow, along with Tegis and Kal, are three of the water genasi sailors perhaps best acquainted with a cutlass, with their salt genasi comrade Fesharn joining them in their skill. The cook is a somewhat rotund salt genasi woman named Tulie, while the quartermaster is another of her ilk, a skilled craftsman called Halite. Mefis and Shoal, both water genasi, share a bit of Captain Merri's incarnum knack, while Gulot and Sesh show some minor skill at magic or psionic power. All have some interesting little talent, and it seems they've worked together for quite some time.

At the end of the week the Crystalline Falls are in sight, with Bluegorge perched atop them. As the Khora Aisa draws closer, something is spotted in the water, a small ship, barely more than a rowboat. Aboard are a half-dozen pale-skinned, bald, slender humans, dressed in wrapped black clothing, all soaked and listless. Several bear some small wounds, probably from drifting too close to the Crystalline Falls (shards of crystal are known to fall from them). The people see you, and one looks at you with wide and frightened eyes. The others seem too far gone to care.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Those people are in trouble! It looks like they lost their ships to pirates or something--we have to save them!" Nissa says firmly, pointing at the people in the small boat, "And yes, I know that it could be a trap, but that is no reason to let them die. Please help them?" she asks the others.

Erekose13

Explorer
Vaukriel nods to Nissa and takes to the air. He flies over to the rowboat and perches on the gunwal. "Do you need assistance? We can help you get to Bluegorge."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Let me get them," Ekilu says. He grabs some rope and takes a deep breath and dives into the water. Easily swimming over to the row boat, he ties part of it to the front, and wraps a bit more around his hand, before he begins to swim back, towing the row boat towards the island ship.

Shayuri

First Post
Trebuchet goes to the side of the deck and looks down at the little ship, keeping a vigilant eye out for signs of treachery...to be rewarded with copious displays of firepower.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads