[April] What are you reading?

Krug

Newshound
Just finished the graphic novel/autobiography Stitches by David Small. One of the best graphic novels I've ever read.

Up next would probably be Nightshade by Paul Doherty. Always a guilty pleasure.

john112364

First Post
I just finished Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson. These books are very dense reading, but some of the best developed characters and world I've seen in a long time.

I just finished Sebastian Faulks' "Devil May Care" a James Bond book set in the late 60's. Good read.

Next is James Wyatt's "Dragon War" for Eberron.

Megaton

First Post
Just getting into "The World Is Flat" finally and much belatedly, but I'm interested to read it. I anticipate that a lot of stuff will have changed even since the book was written with social networks and viral video gaining so much popularity.

weem

First Post
Terry Brooks - Sword of Shanarra

I read the Isle With trilogy as someone here recommended it. Liked it a lot and decided I would start from the beginning and read the rest of them ;)

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I'm currently reading Ray Kurzweil's The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology. It's a non-fiction book that looks at trends in technology and makes predictions about the future. In essence, the author believes at the current rate of innovation (which he claims is increasing exponentially) we are headed for a technological singularity before the end of the century which will fundamentally change the course of human history by turning the economy into a post-scarcity economy and basically eliminating biological death, food shortages, disease, etc. etc. We will become a cybernetic species capable of pretty much anything within the laws of physics.*

*This is what the book is about, not necessarily what I, personally, believe.

Remove ads