Aquaman (Spoilers!)

Jhaelen

First Post
I honestly don't get why people are so down on some of the DC movies. I recently re-watched Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and enjoyed both.
Well, I finally watched 'Batman vs. Superman' and have to admit I liked it. But so far it's the only one of the new DC movies (haven't watched Wonder Woman, yet, though).

Argyle King

Legend
I had two reoccurring nitpicks with the movie while watching it:

1) At times, it was difficult to to know who the villain was. During some parts of the movie, the villain is arguably Aquaman.

2) I'm not sure if it was intentional, but significant chunks of the movie seemed to heavily borrow from two Marvel movies. (This in itself isn't exactly bad, but it sticks out. I felt that Wonder Woman borrowed a lot of ideas from Captain America; at times -despite being enjoyable movies- it comes across as though DC, as a brand, is a step behind Marvel.)

I enjoyed the film as a Tuesday matinee. Without the WB & DC budget, it would likely be an above average straight-to-SciFi-channel superhero movie. Fun movie, but one time of watching it is likely enough for me. Had it opened at a time when something else I wanted to watch was playing, I likely would have skipped it.

Overall, it's a fun movie.

Ryujin

Legend
Well, I finally watched 'Batman vs. Superman' and have to admit I liked it. But so far it's the only one of the new DC movies (haven't watched Wonder Woman, yet, though).

You may well find that Wonder Woman skews the curve for you a bit and resets expectations somewhat higher in future.

Mercurius

Legend
1) At times, it was difficult to to know who the villain was. During some parts of the movie, the villain is arguably Aquaman.

The carnage he wrought in that battle between the Atlanteans and lava crab guys was a bit excessive. Did he need to bring the kraken in and kill hundreds, if not thousands? Couldn't he have just stealthily showed up with the trident and kicked Oceanmaster's ass?

Remove ads