Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen; Flashback - IC

Arabesu

OOC

Nope, you can add this to your treasure.

Now is a good time to make last minute changes to your characters. You each get amnesty to change ONE thing. If you think a feat you have taken is lame then now is the time to change it. You will be able to change stuff later as well, but it will take time and cash and/or experience; you can change one thing now for free.

Make requests to purchase specific items. Not everything will be available quickly, so you should each make a list of the preparations you want to make and a Gather Information check to determine your level of success.

No gather info check is required for PHB items, scrolls and potions of 1st level or less, or masterwork/mighty items. Otherwise, I'll need a roll to see if you can find more expensive powerful items within the brief period of time between breakfast and when you are to depart.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I hadn't used my dimensional boots yet, is it possible to change them for something a bit less redundant as the cloak already can utilize dimensional door? [/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Trent takes up his collection, and agrees to meet at the appointed time and place. He does head out to a nearby weapons shop, hoping to round out his weaponry. He selects a shortbow and some decent arrows to take, hoping that he was now fully prepared for what was to come. Natives, temples, relics; this was going to be a long job....

I simply need some arrows and a shortbow. Long ranged weaponry is what I am lacking right now. As well as a few potions of Cure Light Wounds, of course.

Last edited:

Arabesu

Ooc

Fangor the Fierce said:
Wren takes up his collection, and agrees to meet at the appointed time and place. He does head out to a nearby weapons shop, hoping to round out his weaponry. He selects a shortbow and some decent arrows to take, hoping that he was now fully prepared for what was to come. Natives, temples, relics; this was going to be a long job....

I simply need some arrows and a shortbow. Long ranged weaponry is what I am lacking right now. As well as a few potions of Cure Light Wounds, of course.

No problem.

Arabesu

renau1g said:
[sblock=ooc] I hadn't used my dimensional boots yet, is it possible to change them for something a bit less redundant as the cloak already can utilize dimensional door? [/sblock]

[sblock=for renau1g] No problem. If you succeed at a gather info check to buy and sell, you still get to keep your amnesty change for something else, or if you want you can just exchange the boots without a check but that will be what you get to change for your amnesty.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=gather info] Gather Information (1d20+5=24) [/sblock]

Fenwick will try to find someone in the town who he can sell his pair of magical boots to as with his newly acquired cloak he no longer has use for their effects. He also is trying to get rid of his Eternal Wand of Magic Missile, realizing it's not strong enough for the dangers they're likely to face. Fenwick is hoping he can find a rod of fumbling or an infinite scroll case.

[sblock=ooc] If both are available Fenwick would rather grab the case (MIC 162) over the rod (MIC 174). If he gets the first one, he'll also grab a scroll of web, & 2 potions of CLW. If he gets the rod, he'll also buy a wand of detect magic, 2 scrolls of web, and a potion of CLW. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Arabesu

[sblock=quote ]
renau1g said:
[sblock=gather info] Gather Information (1d20+5=24) [/sblock]

Fenwick will try to find someone in the town who he can sell his pair of magical boots to as with his newly acquired cloak he no longer has use for their effects. He also is trying to get rid of his Eternal Wand of Magic Missile, realizing it's not strong enough for the dangers they're likely to face. Fenwick is hoping he can find a rod of fumbling or an infinite scroll case.

[sblock=ooc] If both are available Fenwick would rather grab the case (MIC 162) over the rod (MIC 174). If he gets the first one, he'll also grab a scroll of web, & 2 potions of CLW. If he gets the rod, he'll also buy a wand of detect magic, 2 scrolls of web, and a potion of CLW. [/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=for renau1g] Your result is good enough that you can purchase the case, scroll, and potions.[/sblock]

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
"I am pleased we were able to come to an arrangement." Rosa smiles at the man and allows others to go first before taking her share of the cash advance.

Coin in hand, Rosa will see if she can't have that simple defensive enchantment she's been eying laid on her armor.

OOC: Is it 120 pp = 1200 gp for each of us, or do we each only get some fraction? +1 armor would be 1000 gp more.

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower looks at the money and then at his hands for a moment, then leans down close to Rosa and whispers in her ear while holding up a hand to hide his mouth from the client. "Are my numbers wrong or is that not even a single weeks pay each at the agreed on price? I think we should get at least half up front before we leave."

Arabesu

OOC he has left 120 pp in the bowl; its your business how you divide it up, but I think everyone wants an equal share, which should be 20 pp each.

OOC yes it is not the full 1/2 share promised up front. This was just what he had for pocket change. You will get the rest when you board ship. There will be one port-of-call before the "adventure proper" starts for you to spend the rest of your cash.

Remove ads