• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen - IC

Arabesu

OOC - activate Expertise, -4 to hit for +4 to AC.

OOC: You need to be readying an attack to get the expertise. I assume you have readied an attack action to poke it with your armor spikes as it closes as your action for the round? Delay won't work...

Shayuri

First Post
Kuma scuttles along at the tail of the group, looking warily around for the gnome as he goes. It wasn't that he was prejudiced...he just knew that gnomes were sneaky and untrustworthy and they hated kobolds. You could be wandering along, minding your own mine, and suddenly GNOME ATTACK!

It was just prudence.

Spot 21
Listen 9
Init 17
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1630448/

renau1g

First Post
OOC - After their last travels through the jungle, Fenwick would be hanging around the back of the group. I'd estimate about 20' back.

Arabesu

Shayuri said:
GNOME ATTACK!
"I'm a monster now! Rorrr!"

Roll initiative.

Code:
TUUUUTUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUUTUUUUTUUUUU
T      T        T      T     T
T       T        T     T     T
T         T      T     T       T
T           T    T     T        T
T            T T       T        T
T            TT        T        T
T            T TT       T      T
TLL_B_LLLLLLTLLTLTLLL_t_TLLLLLLTLLLLLL
T    T     T   T  T    T       T
T     T   T    T   T  T       T
T     T  T     T    T T        T
T     T T      T     TT        T
T     TT       T     TT        T
T_____T______h_T_rfk_T_________T
Its a vertical map rather than top down, until it all goes to one level or another, and then I'll rotate the perspective. Copy and paste the code block with your new position when you take move.

T= climbable tree trunk, U=upper canopy, L=lower canopy.
h=Hightower, B=Badguy, k=Kuma, r=Rosa, f=Fenwick.

Not as nice as I would like, but it'll do for now.

renau1g

First Post
"Meep! What is that thing?" Fenwick exclaims as he scrambles to react to the newest threat.

He quickly casts a spell that will buy him time until he can figure out the best response and moves away from the enemy.

[sblock=ooc]
Initiative (1d20+3=20)
On his initiative, cast invisibility, then move 10 ft. away from the bad guy

[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Hearing the scout below, Trent's attention goes to where their eyes are heading. Initiative (1d20 2=17)

He tries to see what is in the treeline with him, hoping that it has not spotted him yet...
Spot Check (1d20=7)

Obviously, he has trouble spotting the creature, and merely hesitates, hoping that he can stay where he is without being noticed...

Hide Check, but alas, he is not that balanced, as his obvious movements might alert the creature easily... Hide Check (1d20 11=13)

With LONGspear in hand, he makes sure that should this thing come at him, it would regret it. Ready longspear for charge.

Arabesu

He tries to see what is in the treeline with him, hoping that it has not spotted him yet...
Spot Check (1d20=7)

Does this add in your aura? Which aura do you have up?
I assumed you started with the "senses" aura that adds +1 to init, spot, and listen?

If Fangor confirms the senses aura then everyone gets the aforementioned bonues; some of you may already have included them, I haven't checked.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Arabesu said:
Does this add in your aura? Which aura do you have up?
I assumed you started with the "senses" aura that adds +1 to init, spot, and listen?

If Fangor confirms the senses aura then everyone gets the aforementioned bonues; some of you may already have included them, I haven't checked.

Yeah, senses aura always up on travel and such. Only combat causes it to change. Thanks for pointing that out, as it wasn't included in the bonuses previously.

EDIT - It's +2 to spot, listen, and initiative checks...

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower - HP 37/37, AC 25/25, Saves: F+6/+8 R+2 W+1/+3

OOC - Ok then, hightower will drop his tower shield as a free action as well, so that he can ready his chain as the critter crawls down through the trees. Did the new spot of 26 garner any other features about the mob? (As Im within 30ft of Fenwick.)

Initiative: (1d20+4=7)
Knowledge Nature: (1d20+5=11)

Tossing the door sized shield aside, the goliath pulls his chain through his second hand and waits for the hunter to close into his range. "Hmmm sounds big."

Arabesu

30ft of Fenwick.

True, but Trent has the aura, not Fennwick. My math suggests that he is presently 50 away from Hightower. I'm gonna say that Fennwick and Kuma are just barely inside his aura (a generous ruling), but Rosa is not. Trent goes before Hightower, but has halted his movement to hide for the round.

Anyway, because you ask, you can tell the following even without Trent's aura:

a) its size large, b) white furred, c) moving toward Trent, d) knowledge:nature suggests that it is a beast or an animal. A standard action dedicated to the check may reveal more once you see it more clearly.

FYI, the wind is blowing at your backs.

Init:
Badguy ???
Fennwick 22 (invisibility)
Kuma 19
Trent 17 (hidden)
Hightower 5
Rosa ?

We are just waiting on moritheil's init.

Remove ads