Arca Terra, Chapter One:

FloatingDisc

First Post
"More likely in the foothills at the edge of the jungle, at the base of the mountain range...."

OOC: Have to leave it there for tonight, I've got a lot of the next bit planned out and some pre-written, so hopefully that will go some ways towards making up for having more players. The other two have their characters written up already, so things should start to get exciting B-)

FloatingDisc

First Post
Dashiel starts ordering Sul-Mahat around, getting him to fetch various items for him from around the safehouse and packing them for him. Correus is pouring over the map, tracing various routes with his finger and obviously deep in concentration.

"So, halfling, have you thought about what provisions you want?"
Dashiel says with a snear, his arms folded across his chest.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Corrin does his best now to ignore Dashiel's tone. If he was going to have to work with him it would be best not to rile him. "Since you're providing them I'd need to know what you have."

FloatingDisc

First Post
26th July, a bit later.
Disregard everything I just wrote. ;]

26th July
No reply from Warlock Lord. So, the plan is to incorporate his character as an NPC now, which will require a pretty big rewrite of events as I'd envisioned them, so bear with me for a little while longer. Soon we'll be back on track ;]

23rd July
EDIT: Still waiting for a response from Warlock Lord. It's been a couple of days, but maybe that's normal for PbP games. I wouldn't know as I haven't played in any before. I've also been busy with job interviews this week, so it's not all WL's fault. Please, be patient, and we can continue ASAP! Get yer adventurin' shoes on, it's a jungle-bash! (Like a bush bash only slimier, and with more hissing and buzzing)

With regards to available equipment, it's basically the same as the 3E PHB; all the standard gear like torches, climbing equipment, tents, that sort of thing. So just pick stuff out of the SRD or whatever books you have. Anything mundane should be fine, but if there's something cheap that you want that's a bit unusual, just run it by me!

21st July
OOC: Sorry, have been trying to post, but my stuff keeps getting wiped. Grrrr. Also, I'm still waiting on another player who's meant to be providing me with some essential details of his character (Thalak) before I can introduce him, which is obviously the next thing that's going to happen. Probably won't happen today, hopefully we'll be able to get on with it tomorrow ;]

Last edited:

FloatingDisc

First Post
OOC: So, I've decided to fast forward a little bit, just to get us back on track. My last post says what to do about equipment. If there's any differences/problems, we'll just work them out when we come to them. Sorry about cutting short the conversation, but I thought this might be the easiest way to rekindle interest in the adventure! Now, on with the show...

Corrin
and Dashiel leave the HQ with Sul-Mahat the kobold via the sewer in his little gondola, on your way to meet with Thalak, an eladrin mage. After half an hour of navigating through the subterranean labyrinth the sewer spills out into the Faruta Lake...

The sun is still beating down on you as the tiny gondola crosses the shimmering lake, but at least here there's a cool breeze blowing. Dashiel puts his feet up on a gunwale while Sul labours at the oars. You can see teams of canoes with huge nets strung between them sweeping back and forth along the shore, while in the centre, men wielding long, barbed harpoons in their hands stand bare-chested and with their trousers rolled up on rafts made of scrap wood and wooden barrels. They are eel-hunters, the most dangerous profession in Lacerda. Dozens of piers and jetties criss-cross the lake, more densely clustered around the shore. It is possible to walk from the far shore to the island city along the gangplanks and piers, but it is quicker to cross by boat. Dashiel dips his hands in the cool water and splashes himself over and over again, sighing with relaxation. He acts as though he hasn't a care in the world.

Within about fifteen minutes of leaving the shore, Sul puts the canoe in amongst the rotten-timbered husks of ships moored on the far shore, and leaps on to the pier. Dashiel speaks to you without facing you: "Thalak the mage lives around here. Sul, we won't need you, go back to my brother." There is a definite tone of condescension in Dashiel's voice. Sul bows his head and hops back in the canoe. He looks up and winks at you before pushing off and heading back to the city.

Dashiel grunts at you to follow him as he leads his way through the fishmarkets and hovel-lined paths, deformed with wheel-ruts. "Try to keep up, half-man."

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: I can't really think of anything special at the moment. I just want basic stuff I can carry. Two other questions. Would I have my armor on now? And did my monkey conveniently join us since the last post?

Corrin sighs as he watches the mannerless human's back. He looks across the water to the retreating form of Sul-Mahat and his boat, then shakes his head and turns to follow Dashiel.

FloatingDisc

First Post
The two of you wind your way through the seedy lakeside district, slowly heading uphill where a string of slightly nicer villas command a picturesque view of the lake. Fishermen draggin handcarts laden with their haul jostle past one another. The stink of fish is everywhere. A bare-chested elf jogs past, a harpoon in one hand and a two metre long eel slung around his shoulders.

From the terrace above, a robed eladrin waves at you and calls out "Dashiel! Up here!"

You make your way up to a fairly shabby inn, where a grinning wizard greets Dashiel quite amiably, and introduces himself to you as Autumn Lord Thalak, from the court of the Omnipotent Autarch. He extends a hand and asks after your name and well-being.

OOC: Okay, make a Religion, History and Streetwise checks, if you have any of those skills, to see if any of what he just said rings a bell for Corrin.

OOC: BTW, looks like I'm going to have to run Thalak as an NPC, at least for a little while.

FloatingDisc

First Post
OOC: Teymour is pretty pissed off at you for forgetting his name, but he forgives you. Shame on you.

Your religious instruction didn't fail to cover the strange customs of the far lands of the Autarch, an omnipotent diefied sovereign. His land has a ridiculous variety of officious titles and beureacratic nonsense. Thalak's title of Autumn Lord basically makes him 'in charge' of autumn. Whatever that means. You can't remember the name of the land that the Autarch rules, or where it lies geographically.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Uh, greetings." Corrin says to the man from the strange land with a quick respectful bow. "I am Corrin Reedson, Knight of Avandra. I suppose I'm doing quite well, thank you." He looks around, wondering if they'll be invited in. They are after all doing something that could be considered criminal, even if they don't look like it.

Remove ads