Arca Terra, Chapter One:

Dire Lemming

First Post
"I don't know." Corrin responds, glaring at the human. "He stayed behind to fight the parent even though the path was clear to escape. You'd just better hope he's alive." He sighs, glancing back in the direction of the river. "Gods... you really are a piece of work. You two can't have been raised together... Just what do you think he would think if he ever found out how little respect you have for his intelligence and judge of character? ... But who am I kidding, he trusts you, of course he's a naive fool. You two need me allot more than you could imagine." He grunts in annoyance, and starts to fiddle with his holy symbol, the one gifted to him by the beautiful but sickly woman. (Still, I suppose neither is without potential, especially Correus. He's probably smarter than me, just naive. Sure wish this would let me talk to Lady Pandran.)

FloatingDisc

First Post
Several miles away, in a dark basement mouldy with rising damp, the beautiful Lady Pandran lies motionless atop a straw-stuffed pallet. Her servant, the brave Correus, kneels beside her, wiping the cold sweat from her brow. Suddenly, Pandran feels her consciousness drawn to another place, a cliff top, above a jungle...

Dashiel watches Corrin intently as he speaks. Suddenly his eyes grow large, and he takes a step back in horror. "Corrin! Corrin, the amulet! It sees me!" he cries, the shock he is suffering clearly evident in his shaking voice. The stone around Corrin's neck suddenly blinks open, lids of blue lapis snapping back to reveal a blue iris'd eyeball that darts around, taking in the surroundings. Corrin feels the presence of another fill his mind, then words float into his brain, as though blown by the wind. "Brave Corrin! What has happened here? I sense tragedy ...avoided? What of Thalak? Why is Dashiel bound so?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Corrin looks down at his amulet is horror, "What in- ..." Which is quickly replaced by curiosity and a pleasant feeling of surprise. "Lady Pandran... You can use this to talk with me? That's great. Can you hear Dashiel?" He looks up at the bound human. "Stay put fool. I don't want you tumbling off the cliff backwards after all the trouble I went to getting you up here safely." He sighs. "Mi'lady, I can understand how you may not have seen this in your state, but I worry for your safety in the care of Correus. The man has put all his faith in this fool who just recently attempted to get Thalak and I killed by a wild beast... because we wanted to help you... Now I'm not saying Correus is likely to betray you, I severely doubt that, but what I don't doubt is that he has a significant problem with judging the character of those close to him. Dashiel here apparently believes that your quest is destined to succeed no matter what, but only so long as you get no outside assistance to... 'interfere'... Or something... I'm still not really certain what is wrong with him, he just seems really dumb, and angry."

FloatingDisc

First Post
"Corrin, my proud crusader... you are good to look out for me so. I share your concerns about Correus' judgement at times, and I feel terrible for having endangered you. I do trust Sul-Mahat, the kobold, however. He possesses great strength of character, and more shrewdness and cunning than you might think. He has hidden depths noone has yet discovered, I suspect.

"Now, if Dashiel should become a serious threat to you it is critical that you not hesitate to eliminate him, for both your safety and the rest of our band. If the map you carry were to fall into the wrong hands, it could mean disaster for the cause. I pray that you are able to control Dashieland eventually return him too me, because I feel that for all the anger and madness within him, there is yet good. I am sure of it. However, of primary importance is you completing the journey to King of Rats' lair. How do you feel about that?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Corrin gives Dashiel a pitying look. "I shall try my best to return him to you alive, mi' lady. I agree with your senses. I think with some proper guidance, he could learn a bit of common sense... Well Dashiel... what do you think? Are you able to travel with me and watch my back? Can I trust you?"

Remove ads