Arca Terra, Chapter One:

WarlockLord

First Post
Thalak mutters an expletive and turns to face the adult. "These things are almost as bad as monkeys.". He boldy runs behind a tree and fires a blast of magic at his opponent. He misses horribly.

[sblock=actions]
Moving to e20, casting magic missile.
Attack: 1d20+4=7
[/sblock]

FloatingDisc

First Post
OOC: Sorry, time for some clarification. For simplicity's sake, any square with any part of a tree in it is considered difficult terrain; they represent good-sized trees surrounded by thick undergrowth. They give you partial cover, which is +2 AC vs. ranged attacks (I think), but also take an extra square to move into. So for example, moving from G15 to G16 takes 2 squares of movement, but moving back the other way takes only 1.

So, take your turn again. I imagine you would've acted differently if you'd had all the facts ;] I'll even let you re-roll that horrible attack if you end up attacking during your turn.

And yes, they are almost as bad as monkeys! :]

Last edited:

FloatingDisc

First Post
Corrin makes his way back down the forest trail, risking a quick glance back towards the fight at the waterfall. The sounds of battle reaches his ears - magical explosions and wild cackling laughter mixed with chitinous cracking and tearing - leaving him with no clear idea of who held the upper hand, eladrin or kruthik. He feels he can trust the wizard to at least delay the enraged beetle without foolishly endangering his own life more than necessary.

OOC: Sorry to take control of the narrative (again), but as Warlock Lord hasn't posted in a week, I will concentrate on Corrin's search for Dashiel for now.

Make a perception check, Dire Lemming, to help you search for the treacherous human.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Milady preserve you, you magnificent bastard." Corrin mutters, as he kisses his holy symbol. Then setting his sights forward, he searches for the treacherous idiot.

WL told me just today that he's really busy and can't play atm. So as long as you don't kill him off for good everthing should be cool.

Last edited:

FloatingDisc

First Post
From above, you hear scrabbling sounds, as though someone were trying to climb the steep incline. You notice a few good handholds that might make pursuit possible. You also see a slightly inclined path meandering along beside the near-cliffside. You surmise that the path might take longer to get to the top.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Corrin gazing up the cliff and immediately shakes his head. He'd never catch up to him climbing, even if he wasn't wearing plate armor. He turns and hurries up the path.

FloatingDisc

First Post
The path gets steeper the higher you climb, but gradually the scrabbling sounds become louder, and are interspersed with very human-like grunts of effort. The path Corrin follows switches back as it climbs, and then rounds a corner, and Corrin finds himself looking over a cliff. At the bottom a river runs, and you guess it is the very river feeding the waterfall you just left. The river appears to branch off a little way down, one side leading towards the falls, and another entering a more quiet section of the forest. A canoe is moored at the base of the cliff. You hear the scrabbling quite clearly below you now, as though someone or something is trying to scale the cliff. A rope tied to an iron peg hammered into ground is near your foot, and rope is pulled taught.

FloatingDisc

First Post
As expected, clinging to the cliff-face just a few metres below the edge is the traitor, Dashiel. A look of terror mixed with anger burns on his face as he recognises Corrin. "Filthy half-thing! This is all your fault! If you hadn't rescued Sul, our less-than-worthless dogsbody from the Foxgloves, I wouldn't have him or you to worry about, and me and Correus and Pandran could
get about our business unhindered!

"You have the advantage over me, tiny one. What would it take for you to let me live?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Corrin shakes his head slowly, still grinning as he crouches down to get a better look. "Well, well, isn't this interesting... How... By all the gods, what was the point of all that climbing? Did you just feel it would be more dramatic or something? Look at the size of that head, what the hell's in it?" He bursts into laughter, but keeps an eye on Dashiel at all times. After several seconds, his laughs subside, and he speaks again. "But seriously, I worry greatly about the prospects for your movement's success when your brother is foolish enough to trust someone like you..." He waits for Dashiel's reaction. Gaging him to see whether he really is as stupid as he seems, or has some hidden motive.

(OOC: So, I guess that's either Perception +3 or Insight +8. I'm not sure, but could you roll whichever it is?)

Remove ads