Arca Terra, Chapter One:

FloatingDisc

First Post
OOC: Insight check 16 (Success!)

Corrin's insight tells him that Dashiel is probably being utterly genuine, having exhausted his limited creative faculties in plotting and executing his earlier trap. The wild look of terror on his face suggests that he is just now realising that he is completely at the mercy of someone he just tried to (inadvertently) kill off. You sense he would probably seek to bargain, only he's not thinking straight.

Just now, the blue stone hanging around your neck begins to hum and tingle against your skin. Although not giving Corrin any clear direction in how to procede, it seems to signify that Corrin is at an important juncture, and that his choices might have repurcussions not immediately obvious to the mere five senses he commands...

Dire Lemming

First Post
Corrin sighs, looking down at the helpless fool with a mixture of contempt and pity. "What were you thinking Dashiel? Really. What did you hope to accomplish by getting rid of us? How exactly would that help you and your brother's business?"

Last edited:

FloatingDisc

First Post
Through gritted teeth, Dashielf snarls "We didn't need you in the first place! Correus thought I couldn't do this alone and he was going to send Sul to help me! Imagine, me needing the help of that filthy dog lizard! But then when you showed up, Correus teamed me up with you! I thought I could see you both off and finish the mission alone, then tell Correus and Pandran you were killed by brigands."

A sly look crosses his face, he seems to have regained some composure. "You know, you'll never find your way to the King of Rats' lair, or even back to Lacerda, without my map, halfling..."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Corrin pretends to ponder Dashiel's words for a moment, then grins wickedly down at him. "You make a good point Dashiel... It would be quite bothersome to have to hike all the way back down to your smashed corpse to get it. Still, for all I know I'll have to go back that way anyhow. It's not like you even know how to read that thing." He chuckles, "I am curious about something though. Just what is your problem with everyone who isn't you or your brother?"

Last edited:

FloatingDisc

First Post
OOC: Does Corrin have multiple personality disorder all of a sudden? ;]

Dashiel scowls at Corrin's question, but answers readily enough. "My brother's the one in charge of the operation, and I'm his second. He was called directly by the fey ones to walk the path of prophecy. Why he thinks we need help when we're destined to succeed is beyond my grasp, so I took it upon myself to get rid of a bit of dead weight..."

He shifts uncomfortably, his limbs look like they're beginning to cramp where he grips the cliff face.

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: No no, he's just trying to unnerve him. He wants to extract as much information as possible from him before he lets him know he's going to spare him. One of the best ways for a good guy to get info from a bad guy is to let the bad guy's own paranoia work against them. Dashiel is stupid, racist, and probably evil enough to assume Corrin is predisposed to killing him after his betrayal. So why not let him think that, and why not let him think that his survival depends on responding to Corrin's whims?

Corrin stares at the stupid stupid human and slowly shakes his head. "Boy, you really are a piece of work aren't you..." Noticing that his grip is weakening, he decides that he had better wrap this up if he doesn't want to end up with a dead stupid stupid human. "Alright, that's enough of this foolishness. Tie yourself to this rope and I'll help you up. Don't trust you not to lose your grip and fall... bloody moron." This last bit is muttered under his breath as he goes into his pack and fetches his own rope. Tying off one end to the peg and lowering the other to the idiot bellow. Once the idjit is has tied himself to the rope securely, he start helping to pull him the rest of the way up, looping the slack from his rope around the peg to make sure the birdbrain won't fall far if he loses his grip.

FloatingDisc

First Post
OOC: I was referring to Corrin calling himself Anteo ;]

Dashiel does as Corrin asks and is soon at the top of the cliff. He unsheathes his sword and throws it on the ground beside Corrin and does the same with his bow, arrows, belt dagger, boot knife and backpack. He then holds his hands out together so Corrin can tie them. "The map is in my pack there" he grunts.

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: Oog, well there, I fixed it. I have a day off from work tomorrow so I'll try to post for actual Anteo then. It's kind of a long post I want to make, so I won't have time until then.

"Good." Corrin starts to tie the Human's hands together in such a way that he can't really move them far enough from his body to do anything useful with them, like swing a sword. "So... Is Correus aware of this behavior of yours, and if not... HOW?! You're brother's for Avandra's sake!"

FloatingDisc

First Post
"My brother concentrates on his mission, I simply make it so he suffers no unnecessary setbacks... like interfering halflings. I'm starting to think I might've been hasty in my judgement of you ...Corrin. You've certainly proved yourself to be resourceful and quick-witted. Now it's me who has to prove himself, lest you decide I'm too much of a risk to keep alive. What happened to Thalak?"

Dashiel speaks more calmly now, the mad fervour had left his voice and you think you see the faintest glimmer of a smile cross his thin lips. The sounds of distant battle have died down, but for good or ill, you know not...

Remove ads