Arcane Bolt (err something)

BluWolf

Explorer
I use a spell point system for my spell casters in my homebrew. One of the things I am contemplating changing is giving Wizards a "swap" out spell similar to the Cleric's ability to prepared spells for healing or a Druid's ability to spontaneously cast summon Nature's Ally.

I was thinking of giving them the ability to do "magic missile" spontaneously (meaning they never have to prepare it) but calling it Arcane Bolt instead (I think there may already be a spell called Arcance Bolt??).

This spell would follow the normal number of missiles progression and also require the same number of spell points to "power up".

But I was also thinking of removing the "always hit" function to a missle attack and upping the damage to a D8??

thoughts?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Here is your arcane bolt. ;) If you're thinking about blasting all day long, you could take a look at the Pathfinder RPG beta rules sorcerer. Some of the bloodlines have a scaling ranged touch attack usable at will.

Last edited:

BluWolf

Explorer
Perfect.
I am tieing this to the arcane Foci requirement. As long as you have your staff or wand or lucky monkey paw you, you can spontaneously cast Arcane Bolt.

Thanks.

Remove ads