• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane Legions anyone?

The owner of Organized Play here in Knoxville, TN ran a demo of it Sunday afternoon. I think the general consensus was that the price was nice, but that figs would be extremely difficult to paint. A few people seemed concerned that all the attaching and detaching of the figs to the movement tray might cause the paint to come off, even if you're being careful.

bento

Explorer
I'm in the midst of painting my Han forces. I'm using four to five colors per figure, and then using the Minwax Polyshades dipping method to seal them up.

After a couple of months of playing we'll see how well things have held up.

Thanee

First Post
Seen it on the Spiel'2009 (huge games fair here in germany, one of the biggest worldwide; was there yesterday), but didn't even try it. Didn't really appeal to me from the looks of it already. I was really only aware of its presence because I read that it was designed by Jordan Weisman (and as a Shadowrun fan, that name is, of course, immediately reckognized).

Bye
Thanee

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Played a demo game today. Nice (easy) rules and fast-playing. Don't think I'll look further into it, though.

Cheers!

Punnuendo

First Post
A couple friends and I are getting into this now that it is out. Totally loving it. Great combination of simple mechanics with a real tactical depth with the formations. I'm excited to see whey Wells Expedition goes with this one.

Turtlejay

First Post
I bought a set of the Roman Soldiers to see how they would work for D&D minis. While 40 minis for 15 bucks is nice, they are pretty cheap feeling (reminding me of the little green army men) and that post on the bottom that you use to attatch to the board is gonna be a pain to get rid of.

Otherwise, the price is awesome, and they aren't randomized which is also awesome. I had no intention of getting into the game proper.

Jay

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
(. . .) and that post on the bottom that you use to attatch to the board is gonna be a pain to get rid of.

That's what clinched my taking a pass on them. I'd like to be able to use them cross-game but don't want to have to mangle them, so they still work with their original game well. I wish they had put the pegs on the movement trays.

For good deals on hard plastic guards of the Roman variety, as well as Celts, Vikings, Zombies, and some others, go check out -

Wargames Factory: 28mm (1/56 scale) Hard Plastic Miniatures Official Field of Glory Miniatures

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads