• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighting the Gray Tide (Miniature Painting)

Clint_L

Legend
I've been painting up a ton of stuff from an old D&L Kickstarter lately but mostly just bits of terrain and utility miniatures - nothing too exciting. I finally more or less finished it off, and treated myself by painting this awesome Steamforged Corpse Crawler I've had sitting around.

Corpse Crawler.jpg

CharlesWallace

enworld.com is a reminder of my hubris
That shambling mound in the background is such a fun miniature. I'm not the biggest Wzikids fan, but I do love some of their monster designs.
That’s how I feel too. I don’t really like their player character minis or their bugbears. But their other monsters are cool. I like their kraken (the unpainted one) and many of their demons / devils. And their modrons too!

CharlesWallace

enworld.com is a reminder of my hubris
Found this cool dungeon on itch.io called Barrow of the Elf King and was able to re-create it with dungeons and lasers.

Attachments

• IMG_6597.jpeg
    IMG_6597.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6594.jpeg
    IMG_6594.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6596.jpeg
    IMG_6596.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6593.jpeg
    IMG_6593.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6590.png
    IMG_6590.png
    406.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6603.jpeg
    IMG_6603.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Clint_L

Legend
Found this cool dungeon on itch.io called Barrow of the Elf King and was able to re-create it with dungeons and lasers.
I love it - I mostly use Dwarven Forge, but Dungeons and Lasers (and Warlock Tiles) are easier to use to replicate maps like this because they use a true 1" floor grid most of the time. The thin walls on D&L make such maps particularly viable for that system. With DF, I generally have to make some adaptations.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Speaking of dungeons…have mentioned on here before I made foam walls and door ways. I have not used them enough.

They stand ok…but I have just purchased 500 small magnets. I am today going to start putting them in walls.

Hoping I don’t trash what I have textured painted and sealed more than necessary…

I have a 4’ x 6’ table mat partially obscured by a removable table top but u get the idea. The Mat is 1” squares.

I made the walls 1/2” thick with pillars and door ways closer to 1”. Not as open as some of those thin plastic wall sets but has not thrown off scale too egregiously.

My problem is figuring out curved walls and ways to both make and texture them. I bought some brick textured mats on sale for Christmas displays… it would have to paint and bend and attach to foam (they are flexible plastic sheets).

I have not yet made stairs “down” tiles. Maybe I can get my mojo back and start working again…

Attachments

• IMG_8791.jpeg
    IMG_8791.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8792.jpeg
    IMG_8792.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8790.jpeg
    IMG_8790.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 21

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads