• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane Might Part 1: The Search for Home (Still running)

Xael

First Post
After everyone has packed their supplies, you finally get to start your trip. You take the main street out of the northern gate of waterdeep, fighting your way through the crowds of people. Once outside, you take the road going west, as there should be an old path the workers used to use when building the mansion. Where it actually leads, is completely another matter.

The road you're traveling is in good condition, since it's used (and thus repaired) much by traders. There's not that much of a traffic coming from the other direction, since the bandits attacks have probably scared some merchants to take a longer road or seaway. Later in the evening, you find an old path that has sometimes apparently been used a lot, since vegetation is barely visible in the old wagon tracks. The path starts when you're almost already gotten to where the Sword Mountains start, and you can alrady see the earth starting to rise (and forming the mountain, which you can see very well) farther away.

The sun is starting to go down in the horizon.

OOC: The area surrounding the road is mostly plains and fields with a farm here and there. Perfect visibility (if long grass isn't taken into account) in daylight to every direction (expect the mountain, naturally).

So, I gathered this:

Armel's wagon (goes first) has Armel, Tyrog, Lugash...?

Beleril's cart has Belerin, Kurik...?

So how are Serei, Kavernus, Myrskog and Weslin traveling? Unless I'm othervise informed, I expect that they're walking (no difference in speeds I think).

Umm, by the way, I noticed that you need at least two beasts of burden... shaff, just use magical mount teleportation and gold exhancement spell to buy another donkey or something. :D

And Snowtiger: We had the discussion about the armors stacking before, but I haven't seen a chance in the Rogue's Gallery Thread.

Last edited:

shaff

First Post
OOC: whoever wants to ride in my wagon can, i think there should be room for 2-3 more, there isnt much but a few spare things in the front of it. And so far, it is Tyrog, Lugash, and Armel in my wagon yes.

And if i do what u suggest i will have what to pull the wagon? 2 magical donkeys? Ive never heard of what u just said.... How much would it cost?

LazarusLong42

First Post
shaff said:
And if i do what u suggest i will have what to pull the wagon? 2 magical donkeys? Ive never heard of what u just said.... How much would it cost?

Er... I do believe what Xael said was sarcasm. In other words, we're just going to assume for the sake of argument that you have two donkeys, so you don't have to scrounge up the money for another one and we can get on with things :)

Jaik

First Post
I think I said that Weslin is on a cart, but I forget which one, so I'll just say that he's on the cart with the fewest people, or the cart belonging to the person first in line alphabetically in the case of a tie :D

Snowtiger

First Post
Xael said:
And Snowtiger: We had the discussion about the armors stacking before, but I haven't seen a chance in the Rogue's Gallery Thread.
ooc: Ok, so assume I'm stupid. I thought I fixed it as you required. Please tell me where I am going wrong?

For example, do the following stack?

Base AC10
+ 6 Mithral shirt, of deflection, +1
+ 2 Dexterity bonus
+ 1 Amulet of Natural Armor, +1
+ 1 Ring of Protection, +1
=AC20, flatfooted AC18 (-2 dex), touch AC14(-5 mithral, -1 amulet)

Base AC10
+ 4 Mage Armor
+ 2 Dexterity bonus
=AC18, flatfooted AC16 (-2 dex), touch AC13(-4 mage, -1 amulet)

Base AC10
+ 1 Bracers, +1
+ 2 Dexterity bonus
=AC15, flatfooted AC13 (-2 dex), touch AC13(-1 bracers, -1 amulet)

Plz tell me what is wrong in these examples and I will correct it. I do appear to be +1 too big in the statblock (in Rogue's) for all of the 'touch' attack numbers which I will repair if these examples above are correct...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:psst...Snowtiger, wrong thread man. :)
Don't let your character see that you created him...his poor little World would fall apart. 'Nothing to see here, PCs, move along...'

shaff

First Post
OOC: Armel puts his hands over his eyes so he doesnt see it!

And im pretty sure i did buy 2 mules to pull my cart, if not, im stupid, and meant to. If i didnt i would have bought 1 in town to make sure i had 2 so that they could pull everything and everyone in it.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Kavernus (who is glad there is another mule so he won't have to pull the cart anymore) will walk alongside the cart for some time eventual he will cast Mount and ride in style when he gets too tired.

Remove ads