[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor and his panther visit the Pearl to do a bit of shopping. Finding a new amulet for Gragnor to fight things not of this world, he also gets a stick of armor to help protect the kitty. For himself, he has to do a bit of haggling. The salesman confirms they can do the work, and Kalgor leaves his armor with them for a few days to enhance it. The salesman also reluctantly agrees to make a wand that is only partially full. He murmurs that they wouldn't bother if it were not for the other items the pair were purchasing.

4,000 gp +0 Evil Outsider Bane Amulet of Mighty Fists (1d100=31) success
3,000 gp upgrade current +1 Mithral Chain Shirt to include Spell Storing (officially 9 days, but Kalgor has been sidelined 6 months)
...900 gp Commission Wand of Lesser Restoration with only 10 charges (3 days)
...750 gp Wand of Mage Armor (1d100=49) success
======
8,650 gp spent

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
In a druidic circle somewhere near Tritower at dusk

Darkleaf Hide Armor (1d100=17)

The mood is quiet as the initiate is brought into the circle of gathered druids. As he approaches, the leader speaks, "You have passed all of the trials put before you, and have learned the duties required of a druid. Do you still wish to accept what nature has offered to you?" The initiate, a tattoo covered halfling, replies, "For the glory of the Stormlords and all of their kin, I accept." One of the attendees steps forward, bearing a small suit of leave woven armor, handing it to the leader, who turns once more to the initiate and speaks again, this time in Druidic, "Then take this, companion Quillian, and remember always the lessons you have learned here." With that, the ceremony was over, and a great party began that lasted until dawn.

OOC: Sold
Leather Armor 10 gp

Bought/Received
Darkleaf Hide Armor 1515 gp

sunshadow21

Explorer
Stepping into the shop, the eclectically dressed halfling does some brief shopping before heading up to the counter with a few very basic items.

OOC: Bought
Average Lifestyle 100 gp
Potions of Cure Light Wounds x6 300 gp

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck stops in for a quick purchase after his walk through the city. "I have not yet grown accustomed to the city. The closeness of everyone is restricting and at the same time I have never seen such abundance so available. This shop is a treasure trove to be sure." He looks around searching for some useful item. When he finds it he returns to the counter to pay.

OOC: purchase +1 ring of protection 1000gp
1d100=60 success

Preparing to leave on a long expedition, Garadh goes up to the counter. "I am looking for a healing item... ah, this is perfect!"

Wand of Cure Light Wounds (Caster Level 1, 50 charges) - 750 gp 1d100 = 23 (success)

(also mundane items = heavy horse 200 gp, riding saddle 10 gp, bridle 2 gp)

Total spent = 3212 gp

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (Caster Level 4, 50 charges) - 3000 gp

Just a mathematical tidbit for you, Khisanth: You could buy four wands of cure light wounds with a caster level one for the same price. Assuming average rolls the CL 4 wand will provide 400 hp of healing (at a cost of 7.5 gp per point) while the four CL 1 wands will provide 1,000 hp of healing (at a cost of 3 gp per point). So, if your use is for between combat healing it would be a little more time but you would gain more overall healing with the CL 1 wands.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A red haired human walks into the Mystic Pearl . . . . .
He looks around to find some upgrades to his equipment . . . .
purchase:
cloak of resistance +3 9000 gp 1d100=76 don't have it
headband of vast Int +4 8000 gp 1d100=53 have it
[oops wrong price, 16,000]
pearl of power lv 2 4000.0 gp 1d100=15 have it

upgrade cloak of resistance: 2+ to +3
[cost: 5000 gp]
[time: 45 days - use 1 dm credit to offset up to 60 days of craft time]

buy from inventory:
pearl of power lv 3 9000.0 gp

total spent: 18,000
less
less cash on hand 18,000

balance of cash on hand: 0

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Cruendithas enters and searches about for a while

OOC: looking for antiplague 2 vials 100gp
looking for 1 remove disease potion success 1d100=39 Correction - not enough funds so does not purchase
looking for 2 potions of CLW success 1d100=35 does not purchase due purchase of antiplague

Adjusted purchase for Antiplague - alchemical item not needing role so able to purchase

Returning to the counter to pay he sees Heinrich. "Hello again my friend. Perhaps I will see you upon my return and share my story with you." He clasps hands and then pays and exits.

Last edited:

Remove ads