[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A human with hair the color of flames walks in, his attire clean and pressed. He walks up to the counter and asks, "Guten tag mein herr, I vish to know if you might haf a set of bracers of a stronger enchantment then das ones I haf on?" His thick accent is of a far Landonel Barony, though is is still understandable.

"Why ja, I mean yes, Herr Heinrich, right here!" answers the proprieter.

"goot, how about das scroll of Ablative Barrier or a pearl uf recall [pearl of power]?"

"Both of those!" exclaims the man behind the counter

bracers ac +2 1d100=38
scroll of abative barrier 1d100=43

OOC:
sell
+1 bracers armor 1000 gp

buy
+2 bracers armor 4000 gp
pearl of power 1000 gp from stock
scroll abative barrier 375 gp

balence due:4375 gp

he returns to his estates

jackslate45

First Post
A well armored man wonders into the Mystic Pearl, intent of finding some new things after bashing some Ogre's to death.

"Ohy! Do you have a magical version of one of these?"

Handing over his wicked looking blade, the manager smiles and says "Why, in fact we do! We just had a rare version of this sword brought in. Forged from a special iron, I think the equipment would be quite worth it for you."

Tyrion takes the cold iron sword in his hand, and smiles a little as he swings it around. "How much?"

"4450 gold pieces sir."

With a shake of his head Tyrion says "Damn, too high. What about one forged from good ol' steel."

The shop keeper thinks for a minute before smiling "I do have one actually. Also, take a look at this cape while I look in the back."

Noting the fine detail on a simple black cape, Tyrion is all smiles when the shop keeper returns. "I'll take em both. Keep that sword; some rookie might want to use it."

Wrapping the cloak around his neck, and sheathing the new sword over his back, Tyrion sets off back to the Inn.

[sblock=Items]
Ring of Sustenance: fail 1d100=82
Looking for +1 Cold Iron Falchion: Success! But forgot its 4.5k 1d100=22
Looking for +1 Falchion: Success! 1d100=24
Looking for Cloak of Resistance +1: Taking the Inventory's

Selling: MWK Falchion
Buying: +1 Falchion, Cloak of Resistance +1
Total: 3000 gp.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Rolling to determine if a Headband of Vast Intelligence is in the Market within Blasingdell as per The Forge of Fury rules...

Roll of 1 to 75 on a d100 will get me the Headband of Vast Intelligence +2 (Result: 56) (EDIT: Please note, I accidentally mispelled Blasingdell when making that roll).

Headband of Vast Intelligence +2 is present in Blasingdell.

We will each be getting at least 767 gp of loot off of the Orc's treasure. As of the time that I last counted my Time Based XP I had 3,836.47 gp to my name not counting expenditures already made. So when combined with what I get from the Orc Treasure, that is a total of 4,603.47 gp. Deducting 4,000 gp for the headband of vast intelligence +2 would leave me with 603.47 gp.

EDIT: I just rolled randomly to determine the skill that my headband of vast intelligence grants skill points in and I determined it the following way: I roll a 1d10 and on each of the numbers it gains one of the knowledge skills at random as follows:

1 = Arcana
2 = Dungeoneering
3 = Engineering
4 = Geography
5 = History
6 = Local
7 = Nature
8 = Nobility
9 = Planes
10 = Religion

Since I rolled an 8, the random number generator determined that the headband would grant skill ranks in Knowledge (Nobility) equal to Fae'shiel's hit points after she has worn the headband for 24 hours. Assuming that is acceptable with the DM's?

EDIT2: Also attempting to find a Cloak of Resistance in Blasingdell Result 65 = success

OOC: Final Purchases
Headband of Vast Intellect +2, w/ Knowledge (Nobility) = 4,000 gp
Cloak of Resistance +1 = 1,000 gp

Final GP Total = 737.97

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Heinrich schribeiberson: learn / write spell - ablative barrier [18 = success]
decipher script dc 23: 1d20+13=21 failure retry in 3 days real time [4 feb] -forgot to this first.

1d20+13=16 failure; retry 22 Feb 2013

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/spellcraft

retry: If you fail to learn a spell from a spellbook or scroll, you must wait at least 1 week
before you can try again. [real time to Venza time is 3:1]

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago strolls through the streets of Blasingdell. The group's meeting with the priestess, Ariel, relieves his most urgent concerns, but he still feels some apprehension about the upcoming exploration of the mountain.

As he passes a vendor, he notices a rune-covered backpack. Taking it up, he realizes it is larger inside than out.

The vendor spies his interest, and they begin to bargain.

OOC: Iago is purchasing a Handy Haversack. His roll is a success. Looking for Handy Haversack in Blasingell (1d100=60)

Scott DeWar

decipher script dc 23: 1d20+13=21 failure retry in 3 days real time [4 feb] -forgot to this first.

1d20+13=16 failure; retry 22 Feb 2013

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/spellcraft

retry: If you fail to learn a spell from a spellbook or scroll, you must wait at least 1 week
before you can try again. [real time to Venza time is 3:1]

decipher script dc 23:1d20+13=18failure retry in 3 days real time [12 feb] -forgot about the re-try.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian walks into the shop and heads straight to the scroll section, where he spends some time looking over the various scrolls, but ultimately he only picks one up before moving to other areas of the store, where he spends significantly less time. He grabs a few defensive items before heading over to the weapons section, where he frowns a bit before picking up a couple of things there and heading to the register, where he sells a few old items as he is buying what he picked up. Once everything is paid for at the register, he inquires about their enchanting services and proceeds to commission that the MW crossbow he was forced to settle on be enchanted to +1.

Scroll of Haunted Fey Aspect, +1 Bracers of Armor (1d100, 1d100=[47], [56])
+1 Light Crossbow, +1 Dagger (1d100, 1d100=[83], [1])

OOC: Selling
Dagger 2 gp
Crossbow 35 gp

Buying
Scroll of Haunted Fey Aspect 12.5 gp
+1 Bracers of Armor 1000 gp
+1 Cloak of Resistance 1000 gp
+1 Dagger 2302 gp
MW Crossbow 335

Commissioning
upgrade to +1 Crossbow 2000 gp

Total: spent 6612.5 gp

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris enters the establishment with a big smile on her face and almost tip toes to the counter. "Good day sir! I was wondering if would you have a nice magical cloak...oh, and also a good longbow, wait, you know what? Give me a Composite one... yes, that one!" she says thrilled. "Oh, and by any chance would you have half a wand of Cure Light Wounds?"

Afterwards she goes down the street from the Mystic Pearl to talk to Rhibarn about getting some living quarters. "I'm looking for something cozy, well lit and with big windows" She ends up with with a small apartment near the market with a partial view to a nice park.

OOC:
Initial:1855.78gp

Sells
Shortbow 30gp

Buys
Cloak of Resistance +1 1000gp
Wand of Cure Light Wound (25 charges) 375gp
Masterwork Shortbow 380gp
Cost of Living 100gp
total buy: 1855

Balance 30.78

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Returning back to the Mystical Pearl, Tyrion strolls back up to the counter.

"So, I forgot to pick up a compass last time I was here. Ya got one lying round?"

After being handed a nice looking compass, Tyrion takes out 10 gold pieces, and places them on the counter.

[sblock=Purcases]
Acquring 100' of twine, a belt pouch, and Flint and Steel from his house.
Purcasing a compass.

10 GP total.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases