[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris comes with a huge smile on her face, she's almost gleaming with joy. "Well, hello there! It's been a while hasn't it!? Heehee. Let's do some business. I want to turn in this armor and I'll have that shiny gorgeous armor over there, a wand of False life and... uhm... oh that ring looks lovely, I'll take it too. Thank you so much!"

OOC:
Sell
Studded Leather armor 25gp

Buy
Mithral Chainshirt +1 2,100 gp
Wand of False Life (10 charges) 450 gp
RING OF PROTECTION +1 2,000 gp

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto returns to the Pearl for a bit of shopping. Having finished a simple job, he looks for simple things that will heal his wounds and improve his chances to hit things. Searching through, he finds what he needs. Not quite having enough money, he fumbles through his haversack and pulls out a few items he doesn't expect he will need. Pulling them out, he is able to settle up and still have a couple coins to buy dinner with.

-50 gp Sell a vial of antiplague
-50 gp Sell a set of masterwork manacles
-80 gp Sell a good lock (DC 30)
+4,000 gp +2 Belt of Strength (1d100=38) success
+750 gp Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (50 charges) (1d100=14) success
..... ...
4,570 gp total spent

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

The temple guard comes into the shop ready to spend some coin. Smiling, she asks Almar how he's been since she saw him last, giving him opportunity to regale her with his last few days. Almar doesn't belabor the story long, switching to something more business-oriented in short order, "Ah, Charity is it... what can I get for you today. Hopefully more than a torch and some pitons this time, yes?"

Wincing at the reminder, Charity lists out the various things she is looking for, as if not expecting them all to be there. "I'm looking for, umm... an Ioun Torch, a Masterwork Backpack, a Cold Iron Dagger, one of the easier to move in Breastplates and a Lucerne Hammer made of that really light wood." She looks further down her list, absent-mindedly pulling a rogue lock of red hair out of her face. "Yeah... depending on which you have..."

[sblock=Darkwood Lucerne Hammer]
Darkwood Lucerne Hammer: 1D100 = [12] = 12

[/sblock]

The shop owner thinks but for a moment, "You're in luck! All those things are for sale today at the Mystic Pearl. Just come on over and let's total it up and get you on your way!" Almar gestures Charity to the counter to pay, but she hesitates....

"All of them? I didn't plan on... all... oh... wait then," the young woman trails off her thought, standing in the middle of the room.

Shooting her a somewhat annoyed look, Almar's face softens and he gestures Charity over, "Here, show me what you have... what you are trying to do. We can work this out..." A little while later, Almar has guided Charity thorough the pro's and cons of the gear and settled on what she can afford, and how to redeem a little coin by trading old items back in.

[sblock=Sales and purchases]
Sell:
Backpack (2 gp)
3 Torches (0.03 gp)
Scale Mail Armor (50 gp)
Dagger (2 gp)

Buy:
Ioun Torch (75 gp)
Masterwork Backpack (50 gp)
Agile Breastplate (400 gp)
Cold Iron Dagger (4 gp)

Note: The roll for the Lucerne Hammer was a mistake on my part due to some confusion what I wanted to get. I extended that confusion to Charity.
[/sblock]

Gold exchanged and items delivered, Charity departs the Mystic Pearl in good spirits. Saleem shoots his boss a confused look, "She had at least 20 gold left! And you let her go without finding something for her to spend it on?"

Almar turns his head to the door, then back to Saleem, "Back to work with you, Saleem..."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn comes again into the Pearl, this time with a more determined demeanor. She strides boldly up to the counter and pulls a large drinking horn from her belt. Putting it on the counter, she says to the little Gnome tending the shop this evening, "Take a look at this while I shop. It should be worth something."

She wends her way back and forth through the aisles, picking up items and reading their descriptions on the placards. A few she hangs on to, most she puts back with a reluctant shake of her head. Finally she returns to the counter, where the Gnome has stacked a sizable sum of gold beside the horn.

Kalinn puts her items on the counter, nodding and pushing the horn toward the Gnome. He looks at her haul and says, "I'll be needin' 4500 more in gold for that, m'Lady." Once she's taken the extra out of her pack and deposited it on the counter as well, Kalinn takes her items, nods at the Gnome, and leaves. On her way out she calls back, "I'll likely be back . . . I've got a little more burning a hole in my pocket."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As the barbarian is looking back as she exits, she crashes - with considerable force - into the slender Aasimar who's trying to enter at the same time, knocking him to the ground. Thoroughly embarrassed, Kalinn reaches down to grasp his hand and offers profuse and sincere apologies as she helps him back up. Bren dusts himself off and looks at Kalinn with a smile. "It's not a problem, truly, m'Lady. No harm was done other than a little dust, and that's nothing compared to some other knock-downs I've had and easily remedied. I trust you're OK as well?"

When Kalinn answers that she's fine and hurries off, Bren enters the Pearl and begins browsing the aisles. His search seems to have no clear goal . . . he's just looking for anything that might catch his eye. He picks up two smallish pearls and continues his search until his gaze falls upon an ornamental gold brassard. When he picks it up, his eyes glow just a bit brighter and he lets out an exclamation of delight, then rushes to the counter with his finds.

Upon finding that he's not requisitioned enough cash from the Embassy, he fumbles about in his pack for a moment and brings out a wand. He hesitates for only a moment after that before taking the heavily ornamented bracers from his forearms as well.

With that, his transaction is complete and he scoops up the pearls and brassard, then makes a dignified exit.

OOC: Selling:
Bracers of Armor +3 (9000 GP)
Wand of CLW, Caster Level 5 (3750 GP)

Buying:
Pearl of Power (L 01, 1000 GP, 1d100=55), Pearl of Power (L 01, 1000 GP, 1d100=15), Ghostvision Gloves (4000 GP, 1d100=97) (So, not the Gloves), and Brassard of Positive Channeling (22000 GP, 1d100=14)

Note that I'm making an assumption here: Core Rules provide for normally slotted items requiring no slot by paying double. As we adopted the Core Rules "whole hog" other than exceptions we specifically called out, and this was not one of those exceptions, I've assumed that paying double for a Phylactery of Positive Channeling to make it non-slotted is allowed. If not, let's discuss it ;).

jackslate45

First Post
A rugged looking warrior follows the Aasimar. Looking around at the gear, he grabs a new breast plate, one saying it was infused with magical protection, a new backback to store all his gear in, and a wand to give to a healer, in case he got hurt again.

Paying for his equipment, Tyrion nods and leaves, heading to the Dunn Wright Inn

[sblock=Transactions]
Buying:
+1 Breast Plate1d100=48
Natural Armor Neck +1 (From Inheritance)
Handy Haversack 1d100=6
CLW wand CL 1: 1d100=55

6,100 Total

Selling
MWK Breast Plate
350 Total

Destoryed:
Old Back pack

Final: 5750
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
A darkly-colored man on excellent grooming and a light step makes his way into the Pearl. He produces something lumpily rolled in leather, unrolling it to reveal a set of rather standard lockpicking tools.

"These have been perfectly serviceable as I was getting the hang of this kind of ... mechanical manipulation," he says, an barely-noticed wink accompanying his euphemism. "But I think I might like something a little more high end at this point in my career. Oh, look at that. Exactly what I was thinking." His last words are in response to the shopkeep producing a much finer set of tools and unrolling them above Ru's own.

"Now. What do you have in the way of a wand? I found myself in a bit of a pickle on my last job without a proper healing stick in the entire group. Oh! This is one, isn't it? How much for ... I beg pardon?" The man's face grows considerably paler as he hears the price on the healing wand.

"Do you think you might be getting in anything a bit less expensively potent in the next few days?" At the shopkeep's nod, he smiles. "Excellent. I'll just put in my order for that now, then, so no one else snatches it up."

OOC: Selling: Thieves' Tools (30 gp)

Buying: MW Thieves' Tools (100 gp)

Only wand in stock right now is way too expensive, so ...
Standard CLW Wand.

No go on the wand normally, but it's basically just, what, a three day wait? Looks like Ru will probably be waiting that long at least, so I'll just pay for commissioning it.

Total purchases: 750 (wand) + 100 (tools) -30 (sold) = 820 gp

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury enters the Mystic Pearl like he does everywhere else: with a swagger. The multitude of goods bring him up short, however, and he seeks the aid of the portly shopkeeper. The shopkeeper surprises Fury with a pair of magical boots but Fury seems intrigued by the idea of flying boots and willingly parts with the boots he is wearing. He isn't quite so willing to part with his dagger, but quickly realizes that he doesn't really need its magics any more and the grim looking Menacing dagger would bring more benefit.

Pleased with his purchases, and with a considerably lighter belt pouch, Fury exits the shop.

OOC:
Buying:
Winged Boots (1d100=58), 16,000 gp
+1 Menacing dagger (1d100=36), 8,302 gp
+1 composite shortbow (STR +2) (1d100=85) NOT FOUND, 2,525 gp
Hat of Disguise (1d100=50)

Selling:
+1 Sap 2,301 gp
+1 Heartseeker dagger 8,302
Sandals of Quick Reaction 4,000

Difference:
-1 DMC for quick commissioning of the shortbow
-14,024 gp

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I told you I'd be back!" Kalinn's exclamation precedes her into the Pearl as the door bangs open once more. "Just remembered a bit of trouble I had on my last outing that a good bow would've solved nicely, and I changed my mind about some gloves I noticed when I was here before."

She finds what she wants quickly this time, going right to the gloves and snagging them off the shelf before making a quick run through the bows and ammunition and grabbing a few items.

Remove ads