[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese, Magus Adept

Looking about the shop, Erin eventually spots another blade like hers, but much better balanced than hers. Perusing the shelves she looks for another set of silken clothing, but finer. Spotting a nice set on a display, she purchases that and a new wakazashi.

OOC:
Purchases
+1 Silken Ceremonial Armor -1,180 gp
Masterwork Wakazashi -335 gp

Sales
Silken Ceremonial Armor +30 gp
Wakazashi +35gp

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
The big 1/2 Orc enters the shop. Out of his element he is quiet as he goes about the business of finding the equipment he needs. He returns to the counter placing his items for purchase and then makes a second pile of items to sell. These I no longer need he explains as he hands over a sizeable sack of coins.

[sblock]
items to sell:
+1 Agile breast plate 1550gp
Light crossbow 35gp
Bolts 2 gp

items to purchase:

+2 Agile breast plate mithral 8550 gp success roll 29
+2 Cloak of Resistance 4000 gp success roll 7
Bracers of falcons aim 4000 gp success roll 8

home for residence 100 gp
Composite longbow +5dam 600gp
20 Arrows, flight 2gp

Total spent 15,665 gp
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem enters the shop, whistling happily. He trades in his amulet, for a bigger, brighter, shinier amulet.

OOC
[sblock]
Selling his Amulet of Mighty Fists +0; fire for 4000gp
Selling Ring of Protection +1 for 2000gp

Purchasing an Amulet of Mighty Fists +2; fire for 32000gp
Purchasing Ring of Protection +2 for 8000gp

34000gp spent
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Wahyu]Small Living Steel dagger: cost = 802 gp (divide by 1000 and then multiply by 3 to get 2.406, so three days)
Small Adamantine dagger: cost = 3002 gp (equals 9.006, or ten days)[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Wahyu entered the shop once again, this time with a considerably heavier purse. It seemed almost selfish to use it all on himself, when he thought of home, but, it was not as though the power-that-be there would ever allow such to come to pass. He wished this battle would be easier, all he needed was a sign.

Browsing through the shelves, he found a jewel that could fit right into his hat, that it advertised would somehow boost his spiritual attunement. The Lady knew that he was no skeptic, so he bought it, along with a very shiny metal vest and several sheets of prayer instruction. But that's when he saw it. A dagger, sitting out in the open next to some others. He would not have noticed, were the grip not curved in a way that he knew most locals' did not. As he approached it, and picked it up, he came to a startling realization.

He knew this blade.

Could this be it? Found at last, after all this time? He looked over it, but could see no traces of what was supposed to be contained within. Had the seal been broken? He unsheathed it and examined the curves of the Kris, yet as he did, he heard a voice, old and feeble, say ever so faintly, "... take... me..."

Did the owners not know? If not, then perhaps it be best that he did not make mention of it. Perhaps the Lady brought him here with this purpose, lest this dagger fall into hands with intentions far more ill.
[sblock=OOC]Starting funds: 14,365
Headband of Charisma: 1D100 = [54] = 54 -4000
+2 Mithral Shirt: 1D100 = [71] = 71 -4100
Page of Spell Knowledge (Bless): 1D100 = [97] = 97 Fail
Page of Spell Knowledge (Protection from Evil): 1D100 = [72] = 72 -1000
Page of Spell Knowledge (Ray of Sickening): 1D100 = [54] = 54 -1000
Page of Spell Knowledge (Liberating Command): 1D100 = [24] = 24 -1000
Page of Spell Knowledge (Divine Favor): 1D100 = [1] = 1 -1000
2265 3265
Selling Crossbow and Studded Leather Armor +60gp
Buying Masterwork Living Steel Dagger -802
1523 gp 2523
So, the rules prohibit nearly all forms of crafting (with good reason), but it makes no specific mention of Arcane Bond. Am I correct in assuming that it is or is one of the few exceptions to the rule? If it is, then he'll spend the next night and a night on the boat adding a +1 to it for 1000 2000 gp. If not, then he'll spend it on something else. Either way, it's his Bonded Weapon now.

EDIT: I mispriced the Mithral Shirt. I'll drop the page of Protection from Evil as well to make up the difference.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
So, the rules prohibit nearly all forms of crafting (with good reason), but it makes no specific mention of Arcane Bond. Am I correct in assuming that it is or is one of the few exceptions to the rule? If it is, then he'll spend the next night and a night on the boat adding a +1 to it for 1000 gp. If not, then he'll spend it on something else. Either way, it's his Bonded Weapon now.[/sblock]

I had to go searching for the answer to this but I knew it was there somewhere. (Ancient Discussion) It came up about halfway down the page and the final answer is at the bottom. Sorry, abilities added through Arcane Bond cost full price. But, unlike someone who is upgrading an item, the wizard doesn't have to give up their item to have it done.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
A hulking half-orc with a slightly manic look strides boldly into the Pearl and begins a leisurely stroll up and down the isles. In spite of his appearance, his behavior is not brutish at all and his speech is quite cultured. He picks up a wand without even hesitating, and his eyes light up as he spies a gold ring with some exquisite engraving. He rummages around for about an hour, growing slightly more dissatisfied, until he finally give up his search and approaches the shop keeper.

The little Gnome manning the store this day looks up... and up... at Jonas, and smiles. "And were you able to find everything you needed today?"

"Sadly, I was not. I did find these two items that are of use to me, and would like to purchase them." He places the wand and ring on the counter. "However, I also need a weapon to replace this one, and a suit of armor.

"For the armor, I'll need a suit of chainmail made of Elvish steel - mithril, I believe is their word for it - suitable for my frame. For the blade, I've heard of magics that allow a weapon to change it's shape to suit the wielder's need. I'd like a falchion with that quality, also made of Elvish steel. How long to see those items completed?"

The Gnome looks appraisingly at the the well-spoken brute on the other side of the counter, rubs his long nose with a long finger as he considers, and finally nods to himself. "You're in luck, my good man! I have exactly such a weapon in the back room, just waiting for a deserving soul such as yourself. If my eyes do not deceive me... and they rarely do... you are a Servant of Iraznog, who's favored weapon you seek. This particular blade I have, I know to be transformative in nature. I cannot say what other... properties... have been instilled into the blade by your deity. You'll have to discover those for yourself. Are you still interested?"

Jonas' eyes light up at the mere thought of wielding one of the Holy Weapons of Iraznog, and he nods eagerly. He appears to be struck dumb by the thought.

The Gnome disappears into the back room for a mere moment, and returns holding a plainly, but very well well made, falchion.

[sblock=Mechanics]Selling a bunch of mundane gear and two potions of Cure Light Wounds and a +1 Mithril Shirt. (Was that all the magic Jonas had? Really? Oh, yes - also a Rope of Climbing and a +1 Cloak of Resistance that were never added to his sheet but were claimed from ROUS 3).

Purchasing a +2 Ring of Protection and a Wand of Cure Light Wounds. Commissioning a +1 Transformative Mithril Falchion. Spending 1 DMC to get the falchion immediately (16,075 GP x 3 is 48 days, well within the 60 granted by spending a DMC. I'd like to get the chainmail (5150 GP) expedited as well, but the extra 15+ days puts it just outside the 60 days total granted :(. So I'll hope we're two weeks out from actually starting the adventure...

Also setting up the Falchion thematically for future enchantments, possibly including intelligence.

Rolls:
Falchion: 94, Chainmail: 83, Ring: 62, Wand: 65[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases