• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcanis or Scarred Lands - Help me decide

Paradigm

First Post
elijah snow said:
My two cents- you're going to love Arcanis.

I, too, would like to know if the Codex is going to be a newly revised HC.

It is a revision. The timeline is expanded to reflect the events of the past 4 years and the rules are updated to the latest versions.

catsclaw227

First Post
Paradigm said:
It is a revision. The timeline is expanded to reflect the events of the past 4 years and the rules are updated to the latest versions.
This is awesome news. Consider my money spent. :) I can't find any preorder information from my online FLGS (frpgames.com), when will the online stores get the new product feed that will include the Codex Arcanis?

catsclaw227

First Post
Paradigm said:
Is it possible that the PDF will be available sooner than the release date.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I have the new Codex in my paws, and even though I don't play D&D anymore, I'm very VERY much enjoying reading it.

I like both settings a lot and have most of the books for both, but based on the initial request, I would definitely go for Arcanis without a second thought.

Paradigm

First Post
catsclaw227 said:
This is awesome news. Consider my money spent. :) I can't find any preorder information from my online FLGS (frpgames.com), when will the online stores get the new product feed that will include the Codex Arcanis?

It should be in the latest pre-release publications from the various distributors, so at that point it is up to the individual online store's proceedures.

Is it possible that the PDF will be available sooner than the release date.

The PDF will not come out before the book. We release the PDF about a month after the print title.

Paradigm

First Post
HellHound said:
I have the new Codex in my paws, and even though I don't play D&D anymore, I'm very VERY much enjoying reading it.

I like both settings a lot and have most of the books for both, but based on the initial request, I would definitely go for Arcanis without a second thought.

Thanks Jason! You may want to look through Psionics Unbound, it has some stuff with an Unveiled Masters pedigree.

Soel

First Post
Paradigm said:
Thanks Jason! You may want to look through Psionics Unbound, it has some stuff with an Unveiled Masters pedigree.

When is this coming out? Also, does it replace, or enhance the Expanded Psionics Handbook?

Ceresco

First Post
Soel said:
When is this coming out? Also, does it replace, or enhance the Expanded Psionics Handbook?

Psionics Unbound was also available at the summer cons, with a release to distributers soon to follow. It is a replacement for the XPH, as far as I recall. Arcanis has used psionics from the begining of the campaign and the issues that came up have been addressed.

edward kopp-

kenobi65

First Post
Ceresco said:
It is a replacement for the XPH, as far as I recall. Arcanis has used psionics from the begining of the campaign and the issues that came up have been addressed.

That's absolutely correct. It's meant to be a stand-alone replacement for the XPH.

I think that they are hoping this book, too, will be in the stores by September or October. (I picked mine up at Origins; Living Arcanis won't be switching over to these rules for psionics until it's generally available.)

Leatherfut

Explorer
Being a brand new convert to Arcanis, I can't wait 'till the end of October for the new hardback codex so I found the softback Codex at Noble Knight Games and it's on the way (along with the Ghelspad Gazetteer just to check it out since it was so cheap).

Since we're all here, maybe someone can give me suggestions on what books to follow up with, keeping in mind that I won't be playing d20, so rules material will be ignored.
I look forward to getting Year of Ill Harvest when that comes out, and hopefully I'll love the setting so much that I'll grab the updated codex when it's released. (did anyone pick it up at Origins or GenCon?)

Happy Gaming,
Frank

Remove ads