Starfinder [Arcanum of the Stars] "Dragonstarfinder"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYI, I'm going to try to start that mock/practise combat against the harrowblades this weekend. I need to sit down and go through the basics of the tactical rules first, but after I'm done, we can run through the combat and then I'll fast-forward the game to Candlekeep.

KainG

Explorer
Last thing I need to do for Yin Hun is to select his gear. Looking at all those Augmentations makes me think than Yin Hun is going to get the full Super-Soldier upgrade! :p
[MENTION=2012]Knightfall[/MENTION] I can't seem to find if you've clarified this, but since the 3.5 gear doesn't nicely convert to SF gear, how would you like us to choose our gear? I'm trying to keep it as close as the old gear, but can we select other gear up to our character level wealth (and would that be 10th-level or our current 14th-level)?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Last thing I need to do for Yin Hun is to select his gear. Looking at all those Augmentations makes me think than Yin Hun is going to get the full Super-Soldier upgrade! :p

[MENTION=2012]Knightfall[/MENTION] I can't seem to find if you've clarified this, but since the 3.5 gear doesn't nicely convert to SF gear, how would you like us to choose our gear? I'm trying to keep it as close as the old gear, but can we select other gear up to our character level wealth (and would that be 10th-level or our current 14th-level)?
Hmm, I don't think I did. I did say to rebuild your PCs as 14th-level characters (with your cohort as a 12th-level secondary PC), so I assumed that you'd all do what feels right for the situation. The main issue was that PCs from Toril can only use analog weapons. But you're characters are Imperial characters so that doesn't apply.

I'm assuming [MENTION=161]Buddha the DM[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] picked gear based on being 14th level. (I could be wrong, however.) I would say that is what you should do but try to match the 'style' of your old gear. Remember, however, Yin Hun lost his powered armor. Likely he'd have to pick something more 'local' in flavor. You can pick any armor that wouldn't be out of place on Toril. Buddha picked a high-level freebooter armor for Soumral, as a replacement (for the PC's original elven chain). It would be okay for you to do something similar, or maybe he had a cache of gear as a backup.

KainG

Explorer
Thanks for the clarification! I'll calculate wealth for 14th-level, and subtract the cost of the power armor I would have had, and then use the rest to gear up. Since Yin Hun didn't pick up any armor afterwards, I'll go armor-less for now. If I have enough credits, I'd like to purchase some augmentations that Yin Hun "would have had all along" as an advanced soldier if that's won't break immersion.

Remove ads