D&D 5E Archetypes to add to 5e

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The only reason I would approve of that nomenclature is that, by implication, it shows that Wizards are decidedly NOT HEROIC.
Someone already mentioned a non-combatant ritualist...
And the closest caster like the D&D ones from legend and myth that I have found was in Celtic Myth (sorcerers) and they did have heroic ones which were the few who were fast casting in battle where as the others were just ritualists.
The heroes like Cu Chulainn knew and learned something called ahem feats ;)

Yaarel

He Mage
I do think there's a space in 5E for a spirit-channeling shaman type, but not sure where it'd fit best. Circle of Spirits Druid? Domain of Ancestors Cleric? Perhaps even a Sorcerer bloodline or Warlock pact? It's often hard to make real world mystic traditions fit D&D to a T.

Shamans are more like diplomats between the human and the nonhuman members of the aboriginal community.

In most aboriginal cultures, the ‘community’ includes both the human population and the populations of various natural features around them.

Shamans dont ‘channel spirits’. But they do perceive minds/spirits and thus can relay information back and forth between humans and nonhumans, bringing the case of each to the other.

Remove ads