• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Archivist in a high level campaign

Sharkon

First Post
So i am going to play an archivist in an upcoming campaign. We shall begin as level 16 and have about 260k gold. I have never played such a high level and i would like advice including mainly SPELLS , feats and anything a high level character should be prepared for. We also have access to any book so feel free to make suggestions

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Archivists can be amazing, especially if you're starting at high level with a pile of gold.

What you want to do first of all is look at the rest of your party: you can do pretty much anything, but that doesn't mean you should try to do everything. Look at them, and figure out what you want your dude to do.

Here's a list of spells which you (might) have access to that are not on the Cleric list: Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

Obviously you want to raid the Druid, Paladin and Ranger lists for their low-level awesomeness. You also want to raid every Domain available in your setting. Some spells like holy smite aren't available to the average Cleric.

Druid, Paladin, Ranger, and Domains: these are your unequivocally legal sources for non-Cleric spells. Everything else is somewhat questionable... and mostly unnecessary. You have PILES of awesome spells without doing anything questionable. Domains are just plain awesome. Look at Trickery & Travel, for example: you can make a Wizard cry easily while staying well within the intent of the rules.

Be sure to ask your DM which Domains are available.

- - -

Somewhat questionable stuff includes NPC classes, variant rule classes, and PrCs which have their own spellcasting progression. For example, the Adept NPC class gives you a juicy chunk of the Wizard's spell list, including scorching ray and lightning bolt.

The Witch is another NPC class you may wish to rob. It appears in the DMG and is entirely optional.

A lot of the stuff in the 'lowest level versions of spells' list is questionable.

Cheers, -- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads