• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are adventures/modules more important than system?

Quickleaf

Legend
The only adventure I bought during 4e was Seekers of the Ashen Crown, mainly because I heard it had some interesting non-combat elements (and the map!).

What was great about that adventure was the way it encapsulated Eberron. I have never played an Eberron game but after reading SotAC with its warring goblin tribes, the Dhakaani empire, the Emerald Claw, the King's Citadel, a duplicitous doppelganger, macabre Aerani elves, and the Lyrandar airship.... I had a good feel for the setting and the types of stories that made sense there.

The diplomacy mission underlying everything was great, and the inclusion of non-combat encounters was welcome (though the "en route" skill challenges were horrible).

The adventure didn't have much exploration in it... that's something I'd hope to see more in Next adventures... but overall I thought it did a good job of showcasing the system & setting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads