Are there RPG books with just adventure plots?

Azure Trance

First Post
Just a big book of plot ideas and hooks for those times when you need something. Perhaps something for wilderness, politics, urban, low level, midlevel, highlevel, monsterous, human, &tc themes. I haven't heard of something like this - does it exist?

Wolv0rine

First Post
NiTessine said:
Well, it's for D20 Modern, but it's good. Really good. Quick Shots: Mission File Bravo. Also check out Mission File Charlie. I also assume a Mission File Alpha to exist, but I haven't seen it.

QS: Alpha was put out by EN Publishing (but still written by The Brood). So if you're looking for QS:A, look for EN Publishing on RPGNow, I'd imagine. Currently The Brood is doing it's own publishing, but yes there is a QS: Alpha. :)

Azure Trance

First Post
DaveStebbins said:
Well, for free there this one:

http://www.io.com/~sjohn/plots.htm

And for a small fee there's this one:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=2433

Hope these are the sort of thing you're looking for.
-Dave
Thanks! I knew of the first link, but not the second. I know that they will be essentially the same thing (the big list of RPG plots is quite comprehensive) but it is quite useful to have an already established context. In the example demo, 1) Princess/Dragon could be "Clearing The Hex" / "Manhunt" and 2) Badda Boom could be a version of "Pandoras Box" - but in any case, plot != story, so I think I'll pick up the book anyhow.

(Sorry Ni, no one I know wants to play D20 Modern)

Maraxle

First Post
JH NameGen Gold has an adventure hook generator built in. Here's some sample output:

- Lately, a local celebrity has been behaving quite strangely.
- Gargoyles were spotted in the town hall.
- A group of zombies have approached a friendly shopkeeper, requesting asylum.
- You stumble across a secret meeting between a crazy old wizard and an old enemy.
- A long-running fight against dragons is depleting the town's food supplies.
- Though they are traditionally your enemies, a group of giants want you to discover who is leading the band of harpies.
- Your former mentor's heirs have asked you to track down a slaver who is hiding out in a catacomb under the cemetery.
- A map of a haunted castle was found, and it appears that there's treasure hidden inside.
- Why is a shadowy elf stocking up on oil?
- A former adventurer is missing. And so is a respected craftsman's guitar.
- You were framed for murdering a local cleric.
- A former adventurer fled mysteriously during the night, leaving only this note.

Remove ads