D&D 5E are you going to buy stock

Are you going to buy stock in Hasbro to force a change?

• Yes, and band together with friends at the shareholding meeting

• No, I would have thousands of share to make a difference.

Results are only viewable after voting.

jasper

Rotten DM
Since Hasbro has to listen to it shareholders, are you going to buy stock? Are you or you and your friends going to buy enough stock to make a change?

I already own as much Hasbro stock as I can afford, and am now hoping to unload it whenever I can do so without losing money.

I don't know of an actual case of unhappy retail customers effecting a hostile takeover of a major corporation, so I don't think it's realistic, unless someone around here is secretly a multi-billionaire. But if they are I'll happily vote my single digit number of Hasbro shares to throw the current bums out.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
No. I invest in stocks as part of an overall retirement strategy. I do all right financially, but not enough to buy sufficient shares to make a difference. And I would have to make A LOT of money to spend a large amount of if just to send a message about open gaming to a large corporation. The best way to support open gaming, even if I had a lot more money to spend, is to contribute to any efforts that arise to establish a non-profit organization that develops, shepherds, and protects a true open gaming license and to purchase from creators who use it.

Vaalingrade

Legend
That is.... the opposite of how stocks work, which is still somehow at right angles with how they're supposed to work.

TLDR: Buying stock is supporting the company with a financial investment with the intention of being reimbursed from future profits. It also make the company's worth go up--which was the entire point of this debacle. You would be rewarding the scumbag investors that got us here.

ECMO3

Hero
Since Hasbro has to listen to it shareholders, are you going to buy stock? Are you or you and your friends going to buy enough stock to make a change?
If you really want to make a difference and you have enough money short Hasbro.

Hasbro has a $9B market cap, so a Billion dollar investment should do it easily. Less if the increase in volume manages to cause a market stampede. Just be aware this kind of thing can land you in jail.

Stormonu

Legend
If you have enough money to change Hasbro's course by holding stock, that would be money better invested in starting your own company and simply producing what you want in the first place instead.

Bonus points if your company gets big and successful enough to take over WotC/Hasbro.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases