• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Are you happy with the coverage of 4e so far?

Are you happy with the official coverage of 4e?

• I'm happy with the coverage on 4e so far.

Votes: 45 26.9%
  • We're in the "sweet spot" of 4e coverage.

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • I'm not happy with the 4e coverage. We definitely need more info.

Votes: 75 44.9%
  • It's too early. Have some patience man!

Votes: 35 21.0%

catsclaw227

First Post
Personally, I think its too early to be getting too much information. They give us enough to wet our appetites, but I expect that we will see much more when DDI comes online in October, and when the Presents books come out. That will still give us a fairly long time until release (approx 5 months).

Five months of 4e threads with some more solid 4e information prior to 4e coming out will be plenty. :)

catsclaw227

First Post
Wormwood said:
If 4e is as good as they say it is, then all the hype will have been justified and we'll all enjoy a fresh injection of gaming adrenaline!

And if it sucks, I've got enough existing gaming stuff to keep me happy forever.
This is VERY true for me, and I imagine for a large percentage of 4e lovers/haters.

Pygon

First Post
I was severely annoyed at first by the 1% information and the 99% flooding of speculation.

That seems to have relaxed a bit, and I'm joining in on the curiosity.

But I'd still like to see more information.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
broghammerj said:
I hope you have your ring of fire resistance on :D I have a pretty similar opinion and took a lot of heat for it in my previous post:
You expressed it very differently. On the Internet, tone is almost more important than content, when it comes to the reaction one gets.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Wormwood said:
I'm terrifically excited about both the quality and the results of the coverage so far.

Morrus's preview page is my freakin' home page for the first time in, well, ever. Take that, Google!

Its my home page as well, but that isn't news that's coming directly out of WotC. If EN World didn't exist, and WotC didn't keep the blogs going after Gencon, what would we really have aside from an article on elves and a few bits of art?

Last edited:

FickleGM

Explorer
My answer, as a fan and an interested reader, is that I'm not happy and we definitely need to see more. That doesn't mean that I'm upset, but I would like to see more.

Of course, I'm impatient. :)

Jack99

Adventurer
It's only been what, 3 weeks since the announcement?

I think the amount of information is just fine for now. And as MerricB said, with dragon going online in the air next month, we will get more and better info.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I don't like the fact that a lot of questions that are asked get a response along the lines of "We can't answer that because it's in the preview books" which, of course, they want us to buy.

:\

JVisgaitis

Explorer
DaveMage said:
I don't like the fact that a lot of questions that are asked get a response along the lines of "We can't answer that because it's in the preview books" which, of course, they want us to buy.

Yeah, that kinda rubs me the wrong way as well. Granted, I'll buy them, but I still don't like that at all.

helium3

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
I'd like to see a bit more information personally. What I don't like is that I seem to find out more information here on EN World than I do on the WotC site. Morrus is doing a great job of keeping me up to date with all the little tidbits that are coming out about 4E.

The problem is that the information is so disparate with little snippets of information coming from blogs here and posts there. I wish WotC had a central bit on their site where you could quickly find out what the latest news was.

If that is what DnD Insider is supposed to be then I am a little underwhelmed at the moment. I understand it is still early days but, having said that, I don't see why WotC can't be doing the exact same thing that Morrus is doing (i.e. the "Latest 4E Update" stuff that you see at the top of every page on the messageboards.

Olaf the Stout

This pretty much mirror's my complaint about the coverage.

The organizational schema for the information they've released so far has been pretty poor in that it requires me to watch videos, listen to podcasts and parse blog entries and there's not really even a good road-map for where to look for what. A modicum of condensation would be awesome and I'm glad that EnWorld is attempting to do that.

I'm still confused on whether or not the DnD Insider IS the forum I currently have access to or if the forum is just a fill-in until something more complete and comprehensive goes online.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads